Boiler left unsafe and leaking fumes after service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Of course, in the same way as driving licences have made the roads 100% safe
You're the one who used the words '...a certificate proves that you are competent...'

I'm just saying; no it doesn't.

Sponsored Links
You're the one who used the words '...a certificate proves that you are competent...'

I'm just saying; no it doesn't.

Of course it does, it's exactly what it does. Whether the holder exercises his competence is a totally different thing altogether.

Of course it does, it's exactly what it does. Whether the holder exercises his competence is a totally different thing altogether.
I'm afraid the law doesnt mention the word 'ccn' or any other 'certificate' with regards to diy gas work.

With regards to the driving example you cited; the law specifically states that drivers must hold a valid driving license.

You disagree with the law, that's fine. But don't pretend that it says anything about a certificate.

upload_2018-9-24_16-46-18.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid the law doesnt mention the word 'ccn' or any other 'certificate' with regards to diy gas.

Well it won't will it?, the law will just enforce the regulations set out by the HSE
I don't disagree with the law, I finished my LLB last year!

Lawyering 101 - learn the difference between 'must' and 'should'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back