Boris reprimanded for repeating Brexit lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bit for starters. And having identified one bit of fake news, it proves that your whole perception is flawed. So no need to look for any more untruths.
You obviously have not read his speech. You are just recounting something that you heard or read somewhere. Perhaps as Noseall suggests, you read it in the DM.

Perhaps you and Doggit are reading the same comic? :rolleyes:

I read the annotated version of Jean-Claude Juncker's 'state of the union' speech, which is on the financial times website.

I wasnt aware that the FT was known for its fake news:)

EU army -yes 2025

more integration-yes

vision of a more federal Europe-yes

plans to extend Euro zone -yes (see Junckers comments on 'legal requirement')

Various statisitcal websites online will clearly show the appalling level of youth unemployment:

In Spain, nearly 40 percent of under-25s still out of work -source Reuters.......another of those clearly fake news channels :)

Sponsored Links
EU army -yes 2025

more integration-yes

vision of a more federal Europe-yes

plans to extend Euro zone -yes (see Junckers comments on 'legal requirement')

Various statisitcal websites online will clearly show the appalling level of youth unemployment:

In Spain, nearly 40 percent of under-25s still out of work -source Reuters.......another of those clearly fake news channels :)
Fantasy - yes.

Europe is back on the up. Don't you read the news. You need to stop reading the DM boyo.

What does 'more federal' mean?

May speech is so convoluted and confused. We want to be part of the EU, we don't want be part of the EU.

A transitional agreement - and access to single market without tariffs.

May only hope is to drag this out as long as possible and then have another referendum or have some watered down version of what we currently have. Only a buffoon thinks that leaving without an agreement in place is sensible.

Sponsored Links
All fantasy and bluster. Do at least try and differentiate.

Im not understanding, you keep saying 'its fantasy' but you don't or can't answer any of the points.

If you are saying that Spain does not have high youth unemployement -explain

If you can prove that there are no plans for a EU army -point it out

If you are saying the the EU does not have any characteristics of a federal state and is not wanting to increase its power whilst diminishing the powers of the sovereign states -lets see the argument.

I read the annotated version of Jean-Claude Juncker's 'state of the union' speech, which is on the financial times website.
EU army -yes 2025
You might have read it, but you failed to understand what it was that you read. Maybe also being misled by fake news from diehard brexiteers who will tell as many lies as necessary to persuade the gullible.

Allow me to enlighten you to the reality, from the EU's version of Junker's speech:
And I want us to dedicate further efforts to defence matters. A new European Defence Fund is in the offing. As is a Permanent Structured Cooperation in the area of defence. By 2025 we need a fully-fledged European Defence Union. We need it. And NATO wants it.
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-17-3165_en.htm
Now you and doggit immediately thought (or read it in the DM) that an European Defence Union must mean a European Army. :rolleyes:

Allow me to enlighten you again, from the Legislative 'roadmap' for the European Defence Union. I will highlight the important bits for you:
On 22 November 2016, the European Parliament adopted a resolution on a European defence union (EDU) proposing that it be launched as a matter of urgency. The resolution, among other things:

• calls on the Council of the European Union to establish a permanent meeting format bringing together defence ministers of Member States;
  • calls on the president of the Commission to establish a standing 'defence matters' working group of members of the Commission, to be chaired by the HR/VP;
  • invites the European Council to take concrete steps towards the harmonisation and standardisation of the European armed forces, in order to facilitate the cooperation of armed forces personnel under the umbrella of a new European defence union;
  • calls on the European Parliament to establish a fully-fledged committee on security and defence to monitor the implementation of permanent structured cooperation;
  • calls on the HR/VP to take an initiative to bring together major European defence industry companies and stakeholders;
  • calls on the Commission to play its role through the defence action plan, to support a strong industrial base that is able to deliver on the strategic capability needs of Europe, and to identify where the EU could provide added value;
  • calls on the External Action Service (EEAS), together with relevant counterparts, to develop concrete options for implementation of the joint EU-NATO declaration by December 2016;
  • calls on the HR/VP to produce an EU security and defence white paper to be based on the EU's global strategy as endorsed by the European Council.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/legis...nger-global-actor/file-european-defence-union

So basically, what the European Defence Union is is a committee made up of the Defence Ministers from the member states, overseeing European defence policy and process. Also harmonising European armed forces equipment to facilitate the operation of those armed forces.
It is not an army! :rolleyes:
But brexiteers will tell any number of lies to pursue their agenda.

Some more reading for you to misinterpret:
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-17-1516_en.htm
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/reflection-paper-defence_en.pdf

Last edited:
'we will take back control of £350m per week' -what part of that is a lie? Semantics maybe, but the UKs bill is £350m, some of it is rebated, as decided by EU, not decided by UK
Complete bulls hit.

Junckers recent speech showing his vision of a federal Europe, with EU control over sovereign nation taxes, economy and a EU army etc seems to be a sound justification for the UK having made thr correct decision.
there will be no federal Europe or a European army. Total bulls hit.

There are benefits to being part of EU, but it is a very flawed club. Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy all have serious problems with unemployment, especially youth unemployment. Italy has had an economy that has stagnated since being part of the Euro zone.
Partial bulls hit.
Europe is now on the up. Europe is showing the first positive economic signs since 2008.

invites the European Council to take concrete steps towards the harmonisation and standardisation of the European armed forces, in order to facilitate the cooperation of armed forces personnel under the umbrella of a new European defence union

-as your quote says above -it quacks like a EU army, well done for confirming my point.

'take back control of £350m per week' -still a true statement.

Europe is now in the up -well from rock bottom where else could it go. Im sure all those Greeks that are 6 months behind on their mortgage and have no job are jumping for joy.

I should stick my fingers in my ears and run round in circles shouting 'fake news'

invites the European Council to take concrete steps towards the harmonisation and standardisation of the European armed forces, in order to facilitate the cooperation of armed forces personnel under the umbrella of a new European defence union

-as your quote says above -it quacks like a EU army, well done for confirming my point.
You are still convinced that the European Defence Union must mean a European Army, it does not?
It would be exactly the same as NATO, made up of member states' armed forces.
There is not a NATO army, There would not be a European Defence Union army. It would consist of the member states' armed forces, which is why harmonisation of equipment is so important.
The ESDP was the successor of the European Security and Defence Identityunder NATO, but differs in that it falls under the jurisdiction of the European Union itself, including countries with no ties to NATO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Security_and_Defence_Policy
Try reading what is written instead of misinterpreting it to suit your own fantasy.

The UK, and other member states do not agree with it anyway. It is purely a wish list of Junkers.
But the brexiteers such as you, will continue to argue that there will be a European army just like you probably argued that billions of Turkish migrants would be heading to UK when turkey joins EU. :rolleyes:

Mrs May wants a two year transition deal on the cheap.
Normally UK would pay EU about £20B each year, but Mrs May is offering EU just £10B a year for a two year transition period.
Mrs May has now confirmed that No Deal is not a situation worth considering.
What is the chance of EU accepting that offer?

Normally UK would pay EU about £20B each year, but Mrs May is offering EU just £10B a year for a two year transition period.

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

Nowhere near £20bn a year.

The offer will be rejected as the EU have the upper hand no matter what the UK think. The UK should have remained within the EU and championed its transformation from a position of power from within.

Which year did the UK pay £20 billion? 2016 £8.6 billion net

It irrelevant anyway, the EU wont agree to any deal.

I do agree that the best solution to the EU, would have been to stay within and try to reform from within. Sadly thats never been an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back