Brexit Party Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
What is the point of this? We had UKIP. Brexit is in the hands of the government, it looks likely we will either crash out or leave with a deal of sorts. I don't get it, other than it being another platform for an attention seeking ****.

What is the point of this? We had UKIP. Brexit is in the hands of the government, it looks likely we will either crash out or leave with a deal of sorts. I don't get it, other than it being another platform for an attention seeking ****.

You're not a fan then ;)

No, not really. Pretty bored of the whole thing to be honest. But, curious to know what they hope to gain by dividing the UKIP supporters into 3 parties, ERG, UKIP and now this Brexit Party.
Can somebody please explain it.

Sponsored Links
If Britain does leave they will be redundant.

Unlike UK MPs who have lost their seat in an election and have in fact been sacked, but it's always treated as redundancy.

I cant see the point of a Brexit party trying to get MEPs elected.

If any get elected they would attempt to disrupt the EU, which doesnt seem helpful to the UK, it will just cause more friction.

Leavers often make the case that the EU is undemocratic, but Nigel Farage, an ardent anti EU campaigner was an MEP for a number of years.

No, not really. Pretty bored of the whole thing to be honest. But, curious to know what they hope to gain by dividing the UKIP supporters into 3 parties, ERG, UKIP and now this Brexit Party.
Can somebody please explain it.

The ERG is a splinter group within the Tory party and will no doubt continue to fly the Tory flag in any general election. It will be interesting however, to see whether they offer tacit support to the Brexit Party during the EU elections as their aim is one of the same....ie Brexit.
The Brexit Party launch was an interesting watch as a number of business owners put forward a strong case of how an independant UK would flourish, despite the claims of 'Project Fear'.

If any get elected they would attempt to disrupt the EU, which doesnt seem helpful to the UK, it will just cause more friction.

Leavers often make the case that the EU is undemocratic, but Nigel Farage, an ardent anti EU campaigner was an MEP for a number of years.

I think the EU Elections are a good thing. I hope I have a Brexit MEP to vote for. If not I will hold my nose and vote UKIP.

What this and local elections will demonstrate is the end is near for the blue and reds

The last thing the EU bureaucrats want is a large Brexit Party contingent sitting in their Parliament. If Farage succeeds, it would encourage the EU to renegotiate a more favourable withdrawal agreement to get rid of them.

EU are also worried that Theresa May could be replaced with a Brexiteer, who could cause havoc with their power of veto over significant EU decision making.

Exactly. What is the point of having a brexit MEP? To get the EU to leave as well?

He still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back