Britain's shame.

That's the problem when lefties get their drama fix from the newspapers and don't actually know what the regulations are or how they should be implemented and enforced.

In their world it has to be government's fault purely because it's not their choice of government.

Sponsored Links
(This is a Black Country accent thang)...

I used to, on occasion, work with some blokes from Tipton.

One of the blokes had the nickname of (what sounded to me, anyway), "Two nails".

I asked how this came about.

Baz told me that, when they used to go fishing, "Two nails" would shuffle up really close to him, trying to get in on his fish.

In a very broad Black Country accent, Baz told me that J got his nickname "because he was so far up my a rze, all you could see woz his too nails" (toe nails). :ROFLMAO:

Notchy's going for "too nails" status, up JD's wrong 'un, himself :ROFLMAO:

If you think me joining in a debate with a valid, grown up point, can be interpreted as tribal support for another poster, that is your issue to deal with, not mine.

In their world it has to be government's fault purely because it's not their choice of government

Weakening of fire and building regs has been going on for many years and extends back well into Labours period in office.

Your motivation to criticise is driven by your political tribalism.

You seem awfully keen to absolve and blame from politician in regards to regulations by conflating regulatory adherence with regulatory policy.

There is plenty of evidence government is at fault in fire safety regulations so stop trying to ad hominem attacks saying "you don't understand the regulations".

Sponsored Links
Mind you,all governments are guilty of this sort of thing. After the Ladbroke Grove disaster John Prescott promised that all UK trains would be equipped with ATP (advanced trains protection) to prevent SPADS. But we didn't get it, we got the cheaper and inferior TWPS which doesn't prevent SPADS.

Weakening of fire and building regs has been going on for many years and extends back well into Labours period in office.
Building regulations have not been weakened AFAIK, unless you can point out something specific to support your assertion?

And what are the "fire regulations" of which you speak? RR FSO 2005? If so and if you know anything about that, then you will know that it is so vague and open to interpretation that it is actually very onerous.

And I do love it when you lefties claim to know my "political tribalism". That's something else you seem to be clueless about along with building regulations.

The fact remains that the current building regulations are sufficient to deal with external cladding, and it is the job of the building control officer to enforce the statutory requirements of the Building Act 1984, not the politicians.

Sponsored Links
Back