British Gas

Soggy_weetabix said:
Well guys (and maybe the odd girl), thanks for you replies.

Boiler was sooted due to burner filter completely blocked., and over 3000ppm of CO was spilling into the room it was installed.

Im astonished that BG can not be held responsible for this! If I had said 'a mate of mate etc etc' then you fellow CORGI guys would have no delay in wanting me to 'shop him/her'.

As for RIDDOR, corgiman is the only one to back me up.

But anyway, boiler de-sooted running like a swiss watch, and will give many more years service with me looking after it.

BG appear to a pure money making machine (as we all know) but if they put lives at risk surely they must be accountable?

David

Purely because it's unproveable, especially now you have done it (well unless it has sooted back up when they check it). Technically it is a riddor but there would be more action on a complaint to BG, it would be an instant dimissal if proved and the sooner deadwood who don't fully service an open flue are out on their ass the better.

Sponsored Links
Totally and utterly agree ollski open vent appliances should be band, I hate them

BG came back out yesterday and said even if they carried out a de-soot, heat ex was leaking so no point in repairing.

Funny how they are paying me for the work once RIDDOR was mentioned!

I dont believe in replacing appliances when not required, hence I probably do bbu gaskets 3 or 4 times a month.

Anyway, got a valued customer which I will convert to C plan and install TRV's and serivce her boiler for the rest of her (or my) life.

Oh, and heat ex drier than a nuns 'smalls'

David

David you are the man

I hate replacing the gaskets and aint done it for years

you have my undying respect

Sponsored Links
Just an update for anyone interested....

Customer has riddor'ed BG and she was offered a grand off a new install by BG.

Turns out she worked for HSE which made me giggle.

Anyone else out there had to solder over multi hole injectors and re-drill to make a good flame?

Came down to a 2mm drill bit plus a lot of re-rating to ensure output was as before, but got 3000ppm down to 200.

Dave

soggy said:
...solder over multi hole injectors and re-drill to make a good flame?
What happens when the temperature reaches 200ºC and the solder melts?

Surely if the picture in my mind is correct that would be modifying a gas component, a big no no and something which would be directly attributable to you for the life of the appliance. Not saying it hasn't sorted it, but not something I would like to have my name to, especially if now the subject of a riddor.

OK....

Sorry....

After all the 'pc' advise Ive ripped out injectors...burners...kitchen sink...and now she is cold, miserable and her mum has died.

But at least the solder cant melt, eh

Dave.

soggy wrote:

Anyone else out there had to solder over multi hole injectors and re-drill to make a good flame?

Came down to a 2mm drill bit plus a lot of re-rating to ensure output was as before, but got 3000ppm down to 200.

Is that a wind up or what. :eek: :eek:

Sorry.

Worked hard on that boiler and as for you scatman, if you think thats a wind up, put an engineers head on and work out why I done it.

:eek: :eek: tw*t

Soggy_weetabix said:
Sorry.

Worked hard on that boiler and as for you scatman, if you think thats a wind up, put an engineers head on and work out why I done it.

:eek: :eek: tw*t

Now Now...sticks and stones.

Is that method approved by the boiler manufacturer then?

To be honest i haven't got a clue why you would want to do that.
Enlighten me

The best bit is, your rant at the BG egghead who didn't do what he should have done and then you telling us all about doing what you shouldn't have done.
:eek: :eek:

Did you mean T.W-I_T or the slighty more offensive version with an "A" instead of a "I"

Soggy_weetabix said:
Just an update for anyone interested....

Customer has (been) offered a grand off a new install by BG.
Big Deal :rolleyes: B-G .NME :LOL:

The Unsafe Situations precedure states that a gas appliance which has become dangerous due to faulty or lack of servicing is RIDDOR reportable. It is a CORGI registered Gas Installer's duty to report this when discovered.

HSE do not discuss any action taken as a result of your report, they will only ask for further info if required. CORGI are a waste of space when it comes to chasing down the rogue plumbers and builders. I think you'd have more success with the BBC or local press.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back