British have had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you keep all these quote and screenshots in a file on your computer or just search them up when you decide to post them?

JohnD has a special encryted folder in his dropbox accounts: its called: 1001 images of a big red bus :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
To be fair, immigration has been used as a scapegoat for:poor immigration policies, government economic policies like austerity etc.

Migration of workers across Europe unfortunately makes the rich much richer, but doesnt help the average person much.....try not to blame the people, they are like you and me, trying to get the best out life, argue against the system that has caused it.

Raising concerns about immigration in these divisive times will get you labelled a racist by certain people, who would rather crticise than discuss. Certainly true on this site :mrgreen:

Sounds reasonable

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
So we'll have to agree to disagree then

Last edited by a moderator:
EU workers have the right to travel, for example to take up, or to look for, a job. The EU directive applies limits so it is not unregulated. I'm sure you know about that, as it has been discussed numerous times on these forums. They are not immigrants unless they become settled here and apply (some of them get thrown out anyway).

See https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=LEGISSUM:l33152

I suggest you pay particular attention to the Key Points, especially the paragraphs beginning

"Live in another EU country for up to 3 months without any conditions or formalities."
"Live in another EU country for longer than 3 months subject to certain conditions...

People who are not from the EU are subject to different regulations. Which is how this happens:
_101978722_ft.jpg

If you think that the UK has
uncontrolled, unregulated mass immigration.
then you are quite simply wrong.

There are some groups of people who are intolerant and

You sound very reasonable to me and I have to agree with you entirely :) It seems some people do try to shut people down by aggressive and abusive tactics by using the insulting term "Racist" to anybody who is concerned about uncontrolled, unregulated mass immigration.

It would be nice if people could remove race from the conversation. Immigration has no connection to racism. Is the Australian government racist because it controls immigration? Is the US government racist because it doesn't allow unregulated mass immigration into it's borders?

unregulated mass immigration maybe isnt true, there is regulation, its just not been acted upon. Immigration concern was probably the defining drive behind the leave campaign, even though a lot of the currect high levels of people from abroad are due to successive governments, not exercising controls they had available. Immigration has been needed to fuel our economy, and to a certain extent across Europe.

Politicians and the media have driven this belief that all our ails are down to immigration.

We now have this divisive situation that has led to a rise in racism by a minority and a concern by many that arent allowed to have an open discussion without instantly being labelled racist and or zenophobic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back