British made ventilators already in use

Sponsored Links
It's a CPAP machine.

Mercedes F1 - so sounds very German to me.

"The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device, which was re-engineered from an existing machine in fewer than 100 hours,"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/30/tech/mercedes-f1-breathing-aid-coronavirus/index.html

But Britain's National Health Service has recommended the devices be used to treat coronavirus patients, saying the risk of infection is low so long as staff wear personal protective equipment. :eek:

It was passed off yesterday and 50% of the people who needed help didn't then need to go on a ventilator.

JCB are going to making cases for Dyson - waiting for instructions to go yesterday. ;) Samples on show were JCB yellow.

When the ventilators that have already been ordered arrive questions are not answered. Logistics again.

Personal protection complaints now mostly seem to relate to not what the WHO recommend. People who already use items that meet that mention it's still difficult as it makes them sweat very heavily. This was demonstrated by a Korean nurse - they probably have the most advanced kits any are using. The UK set up looks like it assumes washing arms afterwards etc is ok. It needs some one to help get the WHO kit on and people could easily be infected taking it off. Suppose that applies to all.

To be honest I think any party in power other than maybe the greens would have gone down the same route also in all probability followed the same tactics on the entire problem. ;) Beaverbrook would have said war and over produced and over done everything - that is how wars are won.

One directly involved mentioned that a lot of old design ventilators have had to be pulled out to get the numbers up. Not that clear on implications for people on them. Every thing else he said was rather guarded.

;) I've seen Boris walking around with is hands lightly clasped behind his back. :) Can't imagine who that reminds me of but does give me an idea of the mind set.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've seen Boris walking around with is hands lightly clasped behind his back

He's also been affecting a hunch. Poor fellow fantasises about being like his hero.

It was passed off yesterday and 50% of the people who needed help didn't then need to go on a ventilator.

JCB are going to making cases for Dyson - waiting for instructions to go yesterday. ;) Samples on show were JCB yellow.

When the ventilators that have already been ordered arrive questions are not answered. Logistics again.

Personal protection complaints now mostly seem to relate to not what the WHO recommend. People who already use items that meet that mention it's still difficult as it makes them sweat very heavily. This was demonstrated by a Korean nurse - they probably have the most advanced kits any are using. The UK set up looks like it assumes washing arms afterwards etc is ok. It needs some one to help get the WHO kit on and people could easily be infected taking it off. Suppose that applies to all.

13mins in - The Gov Minister is sweating buckets when pushed on the numbers - is it 8k, 12k? What is it?

- The Gov Minister is sweating buckets when pushed on the numbers - is it 8k, 12k? What is it

Why cant he just tell the truth?
Its beginning to sound like 50,000 nurses all over again

We know there arent enough, we know they are trying to get more. Just tell us the truth,

I'm not a fan of newsnight. Bit of a rag - that's an ancient term for newspapers and reporting. Beeb 6pm news and daily updates yes. C4 7pm news yes but both need filtering. Beeb in annoying me today - 4,000 beds in the Nightingale. 500 currently to be used if needed but they are probably being reassuring. Seems the NEC can hold more but filling them with kit is another matters. Many? don't need ventilators though.

Why cant he just tell the truth?
Its beginning to sound like 50,000 nurses all over again

We know there arent enough, we know they are trying to get more. Just tell us the truth,

That's the problem with politics in general. They have been able to say anything they like to influence people's opinions of them. :) A party is worse than others though.

That's why the daily briefing includes presentations from the experts. An expert can tell the shocking truth as he will still be the expert tomorrow. Politicians are media trained to avoid telling the shocking truth as tomorrow's media frenzy will be calling for their head to roll.

I just listened to 10min or so of the mayor of new york. The cheese compared with our chalk. We are getting better graphics now. I'd guess that the mayor has way more experience of preparing presentations than our lot.

The software application tracking help people are also now popping up on TV. Something that some of the countries in the east had from day one. The Korean one really is thorough. Of use now - maybe for reducing lock down. Bit questionable in my view for a lot of people.

Truth :LOL:

Perhaps the truth would cause widespread panic?

Some expert (?) on the radio said only those who snuff it in hospital are in the official. Stastics given out

U Could add as much as 20% to the death rate??

Sponsored Links
Back