BS1362 Dissmann Fuses - Genuine or Fake?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked these up at a local corner shop. Never heard of Dissmann, but I guess there's many makers of compliant (and certainly not compliant) BS1362 fuses. What's your opinion on the Fuses below?

Possible knock-off clone of Bussmann fuses?

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
The fact you had to smash it to get it apart and the fact there's silica inside bodes well.

A google for Dissman fuses however, does not

It's a funny old world today.

Googled and apparently a Colombian company for 25 years and fuses state made in China.
I know everything is made in China but why would a Colombian company bother with a particularly British product?

Were they particularly cheap?

I can't see any pics, Bussmann is a manufacturer, it is only a knockoff of a Bussmann product if it is carrying the Bussmann name without their permission.

Sponsored Links
Were they particularly cheap?

£1.60 IIRC, but then again my corner shop is not cheap. £2 for a walls sausage roll.

Found this as well: http://www.redgrey.com/images/redgrey-catalogue-aug-2015.pdf (See Page 8 - Picture 5.3)

it is only a knockoff of a Bussmann product if it is carrying the Bussmann

:rolleyes::oops: Should have said Bussmann style. Still, to what extent can a company protect their trademark. i.e. can I create a rival company to Microsoft called Microsift or Microsaft for example?

Edit: Just measured the diameter of the fuse wire with my micrometer and it's 0.38mm.

Last edited:
Red/Grey live in London. Strange.

£2 for a walls sausage roll.
:)

Still, to what extent can a company protect their trademark. i.e. can I create a rival company to Microsoft called Microsift or Microsaft for example?
Probably depends on whether you can afford the court fees.

Isn't there a story of McDonalds suing a Scottish cafe owner?

That Red/Grey stuff just looks to be other manufacturers products rebranded/repackaged. I've seen the name in a number of shops.

As to Dissmann I'm not sure and just swap them when I find them during PAT testing, just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back