builder strikes back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dunno if any of you peeps saw the news today,about the builder who went back to the house that he had finished installing a porch and a conservatory AND KNOCKED THE LOT DOWN because the customer didnt pay.

WELL GOOD FOR HIM i totally agree with his comments about the media always comment on rogue traders but absolutely SOD all about rogue customers.

he had apparently been waiting ages for payment and kept on getting excuses,TURNS out its a council house.

Sponsored Links
I can't see how the builder was reported to be £ 22000 out of pocket for a front porch and a conservatory :confused:

Sponsored Links
He's quoted as saying it took him a week to build - £15k for a weeks work? There wasn't a whole lot of materials in that porch, so I hope the conservatory was massive - and that he had 6 guys working on it!

When I first saw the report, I thought that guy is in a whole load of trouble, trespass, criminal damage etc, but thankfully Auntie broadcast the whole story, and reported that the builder had received permission from the courts and the council to remove the structures. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the builder in this case, but don't be tempted to go round to a non payers house an reclaim materials etc, you could well be prosecuted for a whole host of criminal offences.

The chaps that built my conservatory had a non payer so 4 of them went round and took the roof off!

The wallet soon came out! :LOL:

And as such committed a criminal offense.

Why :?: :confused:

The goods remain the builders property until paid for.! ;)

Trespass, criminal damage. One a civil offence one a criminal offence

The goods remain the builders property until paid for.!

As for that, that's as maybe, but sadly you can't legally take them back or go onto the owners land without the owners permission. Also, if you take them back, you are potentialy liable for restitution works at your expense.

They could get the courts to send in the bailiffs, but this particular builder said on the news item that he didnt want to deal with solicitors because of the expense.

Maybe possession is nine tenths of the law but when the four guys removed the roof they were in possession. the trouble with this country is that the courts do not back contractors enough when they are struggling to get paid.

but try not paying a utility bill or council tax you will end up in a magistrates court. we have to go the county court root to obtain monies owed.

obtaining goods without paying for them or bouncing a cheque is deception. but try to get the police to follow a case up, all you get is, its a civil matter.

so I do not care who I upset with this statement but the builder was spot on in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Back