Is Tommy Walsh a builder? LOL

I used to watch TW on the odd occasion but not any more - I prefer watching Holmes on Homes if it's on - I know it's different regs etc. in Canada but you can tell the guy really does like to do it right.

Would you let Hulk Hogan into your home, only to lay Dark Brown wood flooring with dark red walls, all very professionally done (to code :LOL:), end result . Hideous.

Be fair - Beyond minimum code :LOL:

Yeah some of his interior design choices are a bit sus! I would dearly love one of the previous contractors to pop round mid-renovation because they want money/left tools etc. to have him answer the door - totally shocking some of the stuff he uncovers...

Sponsored Links
Joe-90 wrote
A builder is someone that builds or gets others to do it for him. He's usually a bit of a chancer.

Couldn't have put it better myself Joe.

I might be a chancer - but out of work? Never.

Sponsored Links
I might be a chancer - but out of work? Never.
migrantsDM1702_468x363.jpg

If you call scratting around for work 'cash in hand' employment, I suppose you have a point. Nice puffa jacket. By the way, beige suits you.

I got rained off - what you doing home?

Anyone seen a programme on home and leisure called 'new home DIY'?

The guy on there really does not have the first clue. I find my self shouting at the TV every time he give out bad advice, or does omething completely stupid.

He also endorses that bricky tool thing.

I personally find Tommy Walsh quite entertaining to watch.

I have a customer who's son worked as the sound engineer on Groundforce and he reckons that the 'stars' ie Alan Tithead and Charlie (fatbum) Dimwitt spend all their time filming takes and drinking in the pub. The real 'work' is done by a gang of contractors who sit in the van until called upon. You don't think they really get finished in the dying seconds do you? It's all sorted hours before by the contractors.

thats total crap

groundforce did up a bit of wastland at the back of my friends house
and they did all the work no contractors involved.

ever noticed its never anyone here who actually saw GF being made, its always a friend of a friend / relative.

So people countrywide always tell the same lies then? :rolleyes:

My old man always gets wound up when Tommy's on the TV, and says the same stuff.
"oh they get other people in to do the real work off camera"

He doesn't know anyone who's worked or been anywhere near the show. He just made his mind up that that's the way it is. ;)

I'd have Mike Holmes & his crew round to do my house up anyday, just not with me paying the bill :D

Boy is that guy picky/pedantic.

Its not right if its more than 1/16 out.. lol

Anyone seen a programme on home and leisure called 'new home DIY'?

The guy on there really does not have the first clue. I find my self shouting at the TV every time he give out bad advice, or does omething completely stupid.

He also endorses that bricky tool thing.

I've seen that show. With the 'cuddly beardy opera singer' type. I can't see I've seen him make any major howlers, and the work always looks good when he's finished.

Can't see what's wrong with the bricky for people who really don't know the first thing. I see it as stabilisers on a bike for DIY wall builders.

ever noticed its never anyone here who actually saw GF being made, its always a friend of a friend / relative.

So people countrywide always tell the same lies then? :rolleyes:

My old man always gets wound up when Tommy's on the TV, and says the same stuff.
"oh they get other people in to do the real work off camera"

He doesn't know anyone who's worked or been anywhere near the show. He just made his mind up that that's the way it is. ;)

If you think about it it's the only way it could be done. You never see film crew in the background or audio/camera cables or crews filming the other celebs. No lighting or boom arms. It's as fake as the Turin Shroud.

Sponsored Links
Back