Is Tommy Walsh a builder? LOL

Who was that guy on the American "yankee workshop", now he knew what he was doing.
Pity it isn't on the box any more.
Oh for a workshop like he had and all the gear, I'd give my right arm for a place like that, well maybe not my right arm, just a little finger.

Sponsored Links
think it was Norm Abraham, or similar. Fantastic workshop, but where was all the sawdust and shavings?

Norm Abram.

All the dust goes into his dust extractor. Didn't you see the episode where he installed it?

"Before we use any power tools, let's take a moment to talk about shop safety. Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Knowing how to use your power tools properly will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury. And remember this: there is no more important safety rule than to wear these — safety glasses." [He points at his aviator-style prescription glasses.]
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
another comment regarding GF

If as some say (or should I say, friends of friends say) thet The GF crew do not do it and builders do, how do they do the "speeded up bits" (yes i know its taken with a camera that films slow) but you see what they are doing only quicker. no bulders in sight

Yes there are others there, the producer for a start, the reseachers, kirsty king used to be a researcher, and at least 3 camera crew, so yes there are a lot of people there, but it is the GF people (all 4 of them) who do the actual work.

Norm was/is brilliant. Lovely workshop too.

But even so, I do recall often seeing one piece of timber being slid along the routing table, and then it being a completely different piece when he would offer it up to whatever he was making. You could tell by knots and grain.

The other one I recall was some American man and wife team who would do up houses. I remember them both using, as scaffold, what looked like a youngman board spanned across the outside of two ladders leaned up a house - no handrail or nothing. And they did not bat an eyelid while working on it. Looked like a good, simple system :eek:

I like Norm and the NY Workshop also but agree about the artistic license ... I've noticed it a couple of times.

Also ... He has got EVERY f***ing tool imaginable which really does help :LOL:

MW

Re all the machinery he had, Norm that is, he had stuff that we still have not got in the UK and the programmes were a couple of years old.
On that point without wishing to pinch the thread, what about that bench saw that can stop in a millisecond if you accidentally catch the blade with your finger, so instead of loosing a finger all you have is a slight scratch.
Can you buy them in the UK?

i have seen a clip of that, think it was on U tube. this one if you touch the blade it carrys on but drops below the table (if you see what i mean)

No but you can buy finger extensions cuz Tony Iomi's got one.

Of course he's not a real builder, otherwise he'd be stopping every half hour to have a smoke and read the paper.

And not once have I seen him going through the woman of the house's underwear draw and dancin around with her bra on his head in frinot of the lads..

Ever seen him walking about holding the lady of the houses vibe on his forehead shouting 'exterminate' 'exterminate'

Not once do you see him using the customers phone while they are out.

Having a 'jimmy' in the bushes

Gobbing

Playing the battery charger/radio at full volume

And no 'builders smile'

The mans an imposter!

Sponsored Links
Back