builder strikes back

if you bought a car, or some industrial equipment, you would expect it to be repossessed. Why should a person who doesn't pay for building work get away with it? As far as I can see the builder went through the proper legal channels after attempting unsuccessfully to obtain payment. It appears he even gave her extra time to pay out of sympathy for her fictional bereavement :mad:

If he had given up the woman would have had her porch for nothing and been laughing at him. Why should she get away with it?

A lot of contracts have a term in them that the goods belong to the seller until they have been paid for, which makes repossession much simpler. If you have a look at the back of your supplier merchants' order forms and delivery notes you will probably find it. I have some small experience of dealing with non-paying customers. On one occasion I visited a client's office to arrange repossession and found it wasn't there. Not the client, the office :eek: . He hadn't paid his rent and the landlord had got a possession order and knocked it down for redevelopment.

Sponsored Links
It's not the same thing as a sale of goods John ... Services are involved and are far easier to dispute.

Builders could always follow the example of other industries and use a contract with proper payment schedules and performance penalties etc.

The reason 99% won't ... Because they will end up on the wrong end of them IMO.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back