Builders brews!!

Sponsored Links
Years ago I read on the BBC website that one of the slightly more useful university student final thesis' was on making tea.
Apparently for regular tea the optimum time for the bag to brew is 2 minutes.

as long as it dont look like phish and has 2.5 sugars in it and its freshly made with full fat milk then as far as im concerned its drinkable. :D

Teenage son of a customer made us a cuppa with Tick Tock tea,i nearly threw up :eek:

Sponsored Links
A coffee person myself.

What always makes me smile is the queue of builders lining up for their lattes in the petrol station.....me included. :LOL:

haha very true... the air of sophistication shining through early in the morning.

I wonder if a 'builders cuppa' is now somewhat non-existent now...

Never mind the tea; why do you builders always have RADIO 1 blasting out whenever I go on a site.

Never mind the tea; why do you builders always have RADIO 1 blasting out whenever I go on a site.
The sort of crap they play on Radio 1 doesn't sound any worse if the radio has been splattered with plaster, paint and brick dust.

I find condensed milk, in any quantity, is a very effective emetic.

Had to look that one up :LOL:
It is milk with some of the water removed.

There are some differences between evaporated milk and condensed milk (mainly the heat treatment), but both have water content reduced by around 60%, the difference with condensed milk is the fat content is around 8% and milk solids 20% and it has sucrose added, while evaporated milk contains around 9% fat and 23% milk solids and only lactose, the sugar naturally occurring in milk. This means condensed milk requires less processing since the added sugar inhibits the growth of bacteria.

Lets be hearing them... how do you guys like your brews?

Seeing as you're buying - mine's a Tetley>builders' strength (because I'm excruciatingly annoying)>half sugar>good slug of semi>chipped Plumb Centre mug.

Oh, and stirred clockwise. :rolleyes:

Defo nothing made by a punter - especially if their place is minging.

radio 1 indeed.how very yesterday.(when i was young)

tis radio 2 now.

radio 1 indeed.how very yesterday.(when i was young)

tis radio 2 now.

You know you are getting old when all the songs you like are on Radio Two :LOL:

I prefer Radio 3 or Classic FM. I suppose that would make me two or three hundred years old!

(Admittedly, I sometimes feel two or three hundred years old.)

Oh dear! I used to have radio 4 on and keep up with The Archers, what does that say about my age. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back