Bus driver refused veiled Muslims a ride.

Was the driver right?

• Yes. Well done that man.

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • No, he should be reprimanded.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • No, he should be sacked and charged with racial abuse.

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
by that logic we can ban cars bikes motor bikes people houses stockings and just about anything that exists because someone somwhere will have commited a crime with it

I don't recall the last time a car, bike motor, peoples house stockings? went into a bank to rob it, but people wearing a disguise. I'm not allowed in a shopping centre with a hood on, or a balaclava, or a motorbike helmet, some people are allowed to cover their faces, based on 'religious grounds', imposed by their husbands that they MUST wear that in public, or not be allowed out. That's oppression, AND illegal to all westerners. But they are allowed to do it?

A recent case involved someone being removed from a building for wearing a hood, and they stated 'I wear this hood, because wearing a hood is part of my religion - Jedi', and they got an apology, as the Jedi religion is officially recognised. grow up Big-all, and post sensible?

On the whole, it's wiser not to insult one of the holy trinity of mods on here :eek:

Sponsored Links
interesting throwing childish insults around must make you feel better ;)

the point i am making is anything can be used in an illegal way

i know the point you are making is that its a ready made disguise but that is no reason at all to ban somthing that is an item off clothing

i know the point you are making is that its a ready made disguise but that is no reason at all to ban somthing that is an item off clothing

That's just it, it's not an item of clothing it is a item of repression. It has nothing to do with the Muslim religion and is not a requirement of the Muslim faith.

Men make their women wear them for selfish and domineering reasons.

bus drivers should be made to wear a collar and tie and a cap ....All this wouldn`t have happened " On the Busses " :LOL: I hate you, Burka :rolleyes:

That's just it, it's not an item of clothing it is a item of repression. It has nothing to do with the Muslim religion and is not a requirement of the Muslim faith.

Men make their women wear them for selfish and domineering reasons.

thats the other side to the argument
i fully agree the that the repression connected with the burka is wrong but thats only a percentage
a lot off women choose to wear them off there own free will

That's no argument, if you chose to wear one you wouldn't get away with it in most places, so why should they?

But they don't, the only ones who say they do have hubby in the background and just say what he want's them to say. Frightened to say otherwise.

That's no argument, if you chose to wear one you wouldn't get away with it in most places, so why should they?

sorry youve lost me there

Saying that they choose to wear them is no argument for allowing them to. If you wanted to wear a hood with slits for your eyes you wouldn't be allowed in virtually anywhere.
It would be interesting if somebody did an experiment walking around with a hood on, just to see how many times they got pulled by the police.

When in Leeds this week we saw a couple of burka wearers shopping. We came across them a couple of times during the course of the day at no time did I see any muslim looking men following behind or lurking in front of them so my guess is, they were wearing them of their own will.

I did make eye contact with one of them later in the day and saw nothing but contempt in those eyes, perhaps it was a reflection.

Sponsored Links
Back