Buying British

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Oh come on guys, i wasnt being literal!

Anyway, beef from Ireland might be impossible, so maybe say goodbye to McDonalds too!

Suddenly Brexit doesn't seem so bad.

Sponsored Links
Unskilled jobs have always been badly paid jobs, why be surprised? The only exceptions are those unskilled jobs which have some risk attached. It was always the case that if you wanted a good salary, you had to study and/or learn at least a skilled trade. The more in demand the trade, the better the pay. Simple supply and demand.
Were did I say I was surprised? I have no problem with minimum wage at this point in my life but everyone's circumstances are not the same.
My original point was about the claim that there are hordes of British skivers sitting at home claiming benefits.
The Tory government keeps boasting that we have record employment and low unemployment.
So if there is full employment in the economy and record low unemployment were is this mythical army of skivers.

Wetherspoons.
I drink in Wetherspoons sometimes.
Most of the regulars are oldies just filling in time before they snuff it.
I can understand why it is popular with old folk if they drink there long enough then the prospect of death isn't so frightening after all.

Were did I say I was surprised? I have no problem with minimum wage at this point in my life but everyone's circumstances are not the same.
My original point was about the claim that there are hordes of British skivers sitting at home claiming benefits.
The Tory government keeps boasting that we have record employment and low unemployment.
So if there is full employment in the economy and record low unemployment were is this mythical army of skivers.

Maybe not an army of skivers, but there are plenty of them and plenty on the streets begging that do not appear in any stats.

I drink in Wetherspoons sometimes.
Most of the regulars are oldies just filling in time before they snuff it.
I can understand why it is popular with old folk if they drink there long enough then the prospect of death isn't so frightening after all.

We got a new local one late last year. Its clientele, even in the middle of the day is a good mix of all ages, many having a meal, but what I notice is their beer is one of the cheapest in the area, around £2 a pint I think. Next cheapest pub restaurants charge £2.50 and one £3.50. I sometimes pop in for a breakfast and their free refill coffee, very rarely for an evening meal.

Wetherspoons.

Wetherspoons is great - I can't fault it. They have good beer in good condition at good prices. They restore and maintain beautiful buildings - often large, neglected landmark buildings in the centres of towns. They do food, albeit basic, all day. They are all over the country and are 100% reliable, and the founder Tim is loyally and patriotically British. His business model is like Tesco but with a heart. He should be running every local council in the country.

Round here the layabouts can be found in the Sam Smiths pubs.

That's great news so no ill have no problem if that's the case..

They are cracking tyres, helped by the fact that bought them from Black Circles and they had a special offer.

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/crossclimate-plus/205/55/R16/V/94/f?tyre=35790873

These are the size for our car and there's a 10% discount.

The only better tyres according to the tyre test was the Continental all season contact tyre, but they weren't available in the right size for our Honda at that time.

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalo...eason-contact/205/55/R16/V/94/f?tyre=36417376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back