Buying British

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hordes of British skivers sitting at home claiming benefits.
The Tory government keeps boasting that we have record employment and low unemployment.
So if there is full employment in the economy and record low unemployment were is this mythical army of skivers.

The benefits system is the root of all evil in this country - how many times do I have to say it?

Millions do not work because they are paid not to. Not just the official "unemployed", but those on sickness benefits.

There is a skills shortage because, if you pay people not to work, they don't have to bother learning any skills.

We have to take on foreign workers to do the jobs that lazy British people don't need to apply for because they get paid not to.

I AM NOT racist toward foreign workers in Britain - I can't blame them for wanting a better life... but they shouldn't be here. It's the fault of our governments chasing the popular short term vote, creating a dependent culture and being unwilling to take long-term, unpopular decisions.

It's so obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
They are cracking tyres, helped by the fact that bought them from Black Circles and they had a special offer.

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/crossclimate-plus/205/55/R16/V/94/f?tyre=35790873

These are the size for our car and there's a 10% discount.

The only better tyres according to the tyre test was the Continental all season contact tyre, but they weren't available in the right size for our Honda at that time.

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalo...eason-contact/205/55/R16/V/94/f?tyre=36417376

Who fitted them

so a retired British plumber, or a redundant middle-aged car factory worker, mortgage paid off, no young family to support, is willing to work for the minimum wage?

Where are they then?

plenty of plumbers are working for the minimum wage ;) most of em are one man band self employed

you have probably never worked for yer self / self employed

A typical 9 to 5 bloke 5 days a week . who has not got a clue :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The Tory government keeps boasting that we have record employment and low unemployment.
I can't help but be suspicious of any gov, I wondered the other day when heard about record employment if they include zero hrs in those stats. Coz there's people barely earning a thing out there, working a day here and there. Are they classed as employed?

I AM NOT racist toward foreign workers in Britain - I can't blame them for wanting a better life... but they shouldn't be here.
Me, personally I love em. Without foreign immigrants and workers and a long history of that in the UK, I'd not have such a plethora of variety of food from all over the world to chose from :)

Its way more complex than benefits over payment. UK workers are living in a crowded country, resources are expensive. Poland and France for example have nearly twice the kms per head than in England. So you can come to work in the UK for 10-15 years buy a nice house in the Pyrenees for half the cost of a 1 bed flat in the SE of England, same for Indian IT workers etc. The locals have way more overheads to consider. That is not to say that the benefits system shouldn't encourage working better, but people simply need to earn more if they want a decent life here.

I can't help but be suspicious of any gov, I wondered the other day when heard about record employment if they include zero hrs in those stats. Coz there's people barely earning a thing out there, working a day here and there. Are they classed as employed?

I am pretty certain they count as employed, even if the gov has to top up there wages into a living wage.

or help them employ people who can't get better paid jobs. it all depends on your perspective.

And yet the UK offers some of and indeed in many cases the lowest level of benefits in europe (as a continent) :?:

Its way more complex than benefits over payment. UK workers are living in a crowded country, resources are expensive. Poland and France for example have nearly twice the kms per head than in England. So you can come to work in the UK for 10-15 years buy a nice house in the Pyrenees for half the cost of a 1 bed flat in the SE of England, same for Indian IT workers etc. The locals have way more overheads to consider. That is not to say that the benefits system shouldn't encourage working better, but people simply need to earn more if they want a decent life here.

That's why about 5 million Brits live in the EU.

I wonder where they will all go when they get sent home ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back