Cameron gets tough on benefit cheats !!!!

Yes David Cameron will start with his own house

• Yes Definitely

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No Definitely

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
I love the title of this thread....
Cameron gets tough on benefit cheats !!!!

Like Cameron could 'get tough' on ANYTHING!!! :rolleyes:

He's a public schooled, silver spooned, ars* wipe! I have about as much hope and/or respect for him as I do that the Lib Dems will have any balls to to reign them in!

And failing miserably!

Told you you would fit in. :LOL:

(In response to Blas's next to last post.)

okey swellig is nut mi strung poiut boot eye mi vest ,has four grimmer,! . er will eye saay it gas it his ! ? eann

Seems like you'll fit in very well Ian. Don't worry about the pedantic lot on here, spelling , punctuation and grammar will be noticed and seized upon by the few !!! (It's a bit like a red rag to a bull). But don't worry at all. A friendlier bunch you'll never meet. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
What is the biggest crime out of these two?

Paying slightly less money to the state (which considering you are likely to have everything paid for privately and aren't entitled to anything because you earn ok, doesn't give you anything back)...

Can you be serious? A bunch of people, none of whom are anywhere near the poverty line) otherwise they wouldn't be paying tax), and some of whom are very very rich, swindling the rest of us out of £15 billion?

These are people who take advantage of the relatively stable and comfortable environment in this country, the clean air, safe water, police force, trading standards, investment industry, educated workforce and lack of endemic disease, and are too dishonest to pay their way?

If their house catches fire, do they pay for a private fire brigade to put it out? When they drive on a road, have they built it themselves? If they have a serious accident or illness, do you think they pay for the air ambulance? If they crash their car, do they pay for a private rescue service to cut them out of the wreckage? Can they rely on most of the other road users being licenced and insured, with proper MoT tests and working brakes and lights? If their house is attacked by armed robbers, do they pay a private police force to help them?

This is a difficult one for me because I know someone who is unemployed and ‘works on the side’ to keep his head just above water. He is a semi-qualified chef but, as glamorous at it may appear on TV, unless you are at the top of the game the money is absolutely p!$$ poor! He doesn’t have any other qualifications to speak of, he’s not a natural scholar, so the offers of work he gets are minimum rate.

Here’s the thing…

I am vehemently against ‘scroungers’ or what ever else we should call them but by the time he has done a 40 hour week with some monkey on his back, and paid for all the bills he would normally have had paid for on benefits and the high travel costs - it is hardly worth his while working.

There’s an expression in America about ‘flipping hamburgers’, meaning a basic menial job, and the difference over there is that even if you are just flipping hamburgers for a living you are not just a tiny little bit better off than being unemployed - you are head and shoulders above someone who is unemployed. It’s called an incentive to work! But where is the incentive to work if you are flogging yourself and paying out costs for everything for literally no reward at the end of the week? How can I shop someone in that position?

It is something I have only ever seen in this country, where you can work for nothing. It is the system which is at fault more so than many of these people who can’t get more than minimum wage. I know there are ones who are taking advantage and doing well out of it I’m sure, but not everyone is and it’s as well to see it from the other side before we get too judgemental I think.

I know it is wrong and that we, as taxpayers, are footing the bill. But can you honestly put your hand on your heart and truly say if you were in his position and couldn’t get a job which pays what is known as a living wage, you would take it just for the sake of it?

What about knocked-up kids who have never earned a living in their stupid short lives, but instead they get a flat, a TV, a fridge and a living wage all for just spreading their legs. Personally, I get more p1ssed off at them than I do people who want to work and hold their heads high but the system treats them quite literally as worthless.

Good post Big Tone, I feel they really should sort out the richest people who are using loophole to avoid paying UK taxes, won't hold my breath, it's too political.

Only one in six of those earning more than £10million a year is paying tax on their earnings - with the rest using loopholes to dodge the burden.

Thanks masona

I think JohnD hit the nail on the head first, about the tax evasion. Stop the flood and then concentrate on the leaks. But give 'the leaks' a purpose in their pocket to get up in the morning...

As for the free-ride teenagers "Ask not what your country can do for you..."

If you scatter seed it will attract pigeons!

What is the biggest crime out of these two?

Paying slightly less money to the state (which considering you are likely to have everything paid for privately and aren't entitled to anything because you earn ok, doesn't give you anything back)...

Can you be serious? A bunch of people, none of whom are anywhere near the poverty line) otherwise they wouldn't be paying tax), and some of whom are very very rich, swindling the rest of us out of £15 billion?

These are people who take advantage of the relatively stable and comfortable environment in this country, the clean air, safe water, police force, trading standards, investment industry, educated workforce and lack of endemic disease, and are too dishonest to pay their way?

If their house catches fire, do they pay for a private fire brigade to put it out? When they drive on a road, have they built it themselves? If they have a serious accident or illness, do you think they pay for the air ambulance? If they crash their car, do they pay for a private rescue service to cut them out of the wreckage? Can they rely on most of the other road users being licenced and insured, with proper MoT tests and working brakes and lights? If their house is attacked by armed robbers, do they pay a private police force to help them?

All i am saying is that 30% of 70k is a lot more than 0% of nothing.

If they give ANYTHING back to the country they are already ahead of the benefit sponges. What people are complaining about are people who pay tens of thousands of pounds in taxes, but according to the mixed up tax system, are expected to pay more, compared to the people who pay nothing but take more than they should.

It is a simple no brainer.

...and i am sure you are aware, if you have money, you tend to own your own house, no council subbing, if you have money, you have health insurance, no NHS back up, if you have money, you generally live in a nicer area with lower crime rates...there are a lot of savings the country makes on the better off people...and they pay more tens x the £s tax per person than the people that get the most stuff from the government.

Think it is pretty clear. If your current profession doesn't ' keep your head above water' (i'm sure these poor souls all have a 20 a day smoke habit, go to the pub every other night and have a big fat TV with Sky, but that is another discussion) then they should get a new job.

If i chose to be a sandwich board holder is it the governments fault that I don't feel I earn enough? Is it ok for me to CHOOSE a low paying job and then use it as the reason to commit fraud?

Some of you people have weird ideas.

@ BigTone

There’s an expression in America about ‘flipping hamburgers’, meaning a basic menial job, and the difference over there is that even if you are just flipping hamburgers for a living you are not just a tiny little bit better off than being unemployed - you are head and shoulders above someone who is unemployed. It’s called an incentive to work! But where is the incentive to work if you are flogging yourself and paying out costs for everything for literally no reward at the end of the week? How can I shop someone in that position?

I'm not sure I understand your point here. In the US, your unemployment benefits are very low, so any job is likely to be above that.

Benefits here can be a lot better and at the level of a real wage.

Are you suggesting benefits should be reduced to give "the incentive to work " ?\

EDIT

I don't really understand this tax evasion rather than benefits fraud discussion . There are different depts and enogh civuil servants to deal with both.

As far as the comment about only a moron would inform on somebody just making a few extra quid, what about today's news that there are 900,000 claimants who have been "sick" for more than 10 years without interruption ( in this context as far as I understand that does not mean someone suffering from permanent disability )

Sponsored Links
Back