Cameron gets tough on benefit cheats !!!!

Yes David Cameron will start with his own house

• Yes Definitely

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No Definitely

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

joinerjohn

So David Cameron is going to come down hard on benefit cheats and people who evade tax.

Does this mean he will start in the Houses of Parliament with the MP's expenses ? Or is that on the back burner??? (yet again)

Sponsored Links
So David Cameron is going to come down hard on benefit cheats and people who evade tax.

Does this mean he will start in the Houses of Parliament with the MP's expenses ? Or is that on the back burner??? (yet again)
I'm confused as to the question John. My answer to the first question, Does this mean he will start in the Houses of Parliament with the MP's expenses?, would be No. My answer to the second part however, Or is that on the back burner??? (yet again), would be yes.

the question in the poll is "Yes David Cameron will start with his own house"

BTW I hear that benefit fraud costs the rest of us about £1bn per year, and tax evasion costs us £15bn

I wonder why he is concentrating on the benefit scroungers and not the tax thieves?

i wish they would hammer benefit cheats ( and i mean cheats, not those who need it) but it wont happen, because if you con a doctor into giving you an insurance line then you will get benefit, and the government will blame the NHS for being lax, aaaahhhhh i hate politics, look at the doc who said Al Megrahi (not sure of spelling but the Lockerbie bomber) would only last 3 months so we let him out on compassionate grounds FFS do we remember what he was convicted of, dont get into whether he actually done it or not, as it stand at the moment he is convicted, we didnt let him out because we wernt sure, it was because he was dying, oh shockaroonie he is still alive, he must have got cracking duty free on the plane as he went on a dying cripple and nearly cartwheeled off in Tripoli. and who are the government blaming? the doc who wrote the report, sorry back to topic....... it is a disgrace what this country is turning into, where people can get more for benefit than they would if they worked, so they wont work, if on benefit you should get just enough to feed you no more, how can you afford fags, drink pets etc etc if you dont work

Sponsored Links
although these seem very large figures[and they are]
various goverments over the years have tried to save money by tackling fraud

the truth is most options have cost far more than they have saved somtimes as bad as £1000 lost for ever £10 saved

I did try to put the option of " MP's expenses will be on the back burner. " but it wouldn't let me. :( :( :( :(

I suppose it's business as normal at the HoP. The second homes will be switched around, so's the taxman won't know where the hell they live, when they come to sell them.
IMHO , if D.Cameron want's to impress the British public, the obvious place to start is the HoP and set the example for others to follow.
If tax evasion is costing £15bn per year and benefit fraud costs £1bn per year, it's plain to me where he should concentrate his efforts..

PS I know someone in Derby ( A Royal British Legion chairman,(still)) who was convicted of benefit fraud last year. (he was claiming DLA whilst working) He was ordered to pay back £19,000 in fraudulently claimed benefits and offered the court £10 per month, which was accepted. He's now 65 and seems to revel in the fact that the debt will die when he does. :eek: :eek:
Why didn't the Department of Benefits and Pensions immediately stop his DLA claim and still order the money to be paid back? ( He still claims DLA and has a free car etc) Only difference is he get's £10 less than anyone else on DLA now as he's paying back the £19,000.
This is the sort of benefit cheat that should have had all benefits suspended with immediate effect.

Here's a link to the totally useless sentences dished out by the courts in benefit fraud cases.
http://benefitfraud.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

DLA is the hardest one to get. Nowadays anyway. It`s the dodgy doctors and the red tape that needs sorting. Also the blue badge should be looked @.I know someone with one hand who gets the free car and another person with one leg who does`nt :rolleyes: - Trust me it`s a farce

The easiest way to stop benefit cheats is to put the recipients on-line. You enter a postcode and it tells you which house is getting what. If it's common knowledge that the guy works as a part time cabbie or she cohabits with a boyfriend - then they would be reported pretty darn quick. Cure the problem overnight. They should also look at claimants that run Ebay businesses.

DLA is the hardest one to get. Nowadays anyway. It`s the dodgy doctors and the red tape that needs sorting. Also the blue badge should be looked @.I know someone with one hand who gets the free car and another person with one leg who does`nt :rolleyes: - Trust me it`s a farce

One leggers don't need a free car, they should just buy an automatic.

The easiest way to stop benefit cheats is to put the recipients on-line. You enter a postcode and it tells you which house is getting what. If it's common knowledge that the guy works as a part time cabbie or she cohabits with a boyfriend - then they would be reported pretty darn quick. Cure the problem overnight. They should also look at claimants that run Ebay businesses.

not shure how that would work
about 60- 90% off people on benefits are legaly working with benefits being paid as family tax credits and income support because they are on low income
just remember people can earn around £40.000 a year and get benefits like help with child care costs

David Cameron should also sort the rich class as well who are using loopholes to avoid paying £2billion a year in income tax. They are all the same.

David Cameron should also sort the rich class as well who are using loopholes to avoid paying £2billion a year in income tax. They are all the same.

No chance of that, the Tories only look after their own

No chance of that, the Tories only look after their own
Yep and so did Labour! The last Labour Government the wealthy are far more richer under Labour than they were when Tories were in power!

not shure how that would work
about 60- 90% off people on benefits are legaly working with benefits being paid as family tax credits and income support because they are on low income
just remember people can earn around £40.000 a year and get benefits like help with child care costs

Maybe so but it would put a stop to the jobbing builder on incapacity benefit.

And when that happens...

images

Sponsored Links
Back