Can they do this? (Second Clip)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen the first scenario many times. It infuriates me. How can the LAW say one thing for me and thee and a different thing for them?

But it's the second clip I am talking about here. I have never heard of this before. Going into a vehicle to put a steering clamp on it because of a cracked windscreen?

Anyone shed any light please?

Sponsored Links
The guy complaining is an idiot
Yes- if in the opinion of the traffic officer, a vehicle has a dangerous fault, they can prohibit it from moving.

If this was just for a cracked windscreen outside the drivers side zone. I’d say no. But the is often more to these videos.

Sponsored Links
It's outside the driver's zone on the police car- it's right next to the passenger pillar.
It's also more of a chip

I can't see the crack on the pick-up. He waves the camera about too much

The clip shows police harassment - harassment of the police by a villain. Those pathetic PCs don't know how to deal with the idiot. A good few kicks in the goolies followed by some tasering, and then back to the police station to fall down the stairs by accident would shut him and the cameraman up.

And I don't see how the arresting police car's cracked windscreen, or the traffic warden being parked on double yellow lines, have any relevance to the offences being dealt with.

That is an extremely slippery slope......
No one is exempt from the law.

I was when I attended a gas emergency (double yellows). Or perhaps it was leniency...:cautious:
I don't know what type of gas emergency you are refering to but, I do know that with regards to gas escapes in the street it is the gas company who are in charge, not the police so they can park where they want, close part of it off etc.

Emergency utility company works are normally exempt, but not by statute. Emergency Vehicles have greater exemption. It used to be that any vehicle being used for emergency purposes enjoyed the same exemption, but the rules have been tightened to specific vehicles.

Anyway.. here is the law that plod was using to prevent the vehicle being driven...
power to prohibit:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/part/II/crossheading/prohibition-of-unfit-vehicles
requirement for windscreen:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/part/II/chapter/E/made
offence of driving an unsafe vehicle:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/40A

Last edited:
If you look at more of PAP's videos you will see that he highlights how common it is for our police force to abuse the law.
A recent one shows them clearly assaulting someone who is watching them as they beat a woman they dragged out of a car.
The woman is no surprise but the way they assault the onlooker is totally wrong.
Whats even worse is that this happens too often.

If you look at more of PAP's videos you will see that he highlights how common it is for our police force to abuse the law.
A recent one shows them clearly assaulting someone who is watching them as they beat a woman they dragged out of a car.
The woman is no surprise but the way they assault the onlooker is totally wrong.
Whats even worse is that this happens too often.

Im not sure there is much equivalence when you compare the level of abuse the police face from the public daily.

Think of every pub brawl, street fight, domestic that police have to deal with.
Being spat at and punched by drunken louts.

The police have to deal with a terrible amount of abuse. Due to years of police "reform" by liberals they now have very few legal and physical methods to defend themselves. It's this reduction of their powers that have made them so useless and unfit for purpose, and is one of the two main reasons why crime is soaring. Having more of the same type of police officers will not make much difference; giving the police greater powers will make a difference.

Filming the police is just another liberal method of restricting them. In these film clips we see no background; we do not know what has happened beforehand, what might be happening out of shot, and most importantly we don't know the criminal record of the people being apprehended.

Sponsored Links
Back