Can this be true?

That's not the point.

"Hey, Bernie, there's a cold winter coming. Us neighbours are getting together to buy some heaters. Do you want to come in with us?"

"Heaters, Bernie. Don't you want some?"

"We're ordering the heaters today Bernie, how many do you want?"

"I do need some heaters, but I'm not a member of the village. I mean I didn't hear you. I mean I heard you but I was too busy watching telly and didn't respond. I wonder where I can get some heaters?"
But did they lie as to cover up why they didnt join.
Stupid analogies and calling people liars...So predictably naff

Sponsored Links
Bernie's reply..

Thanks for the offer Bob, but I remember the last time we all clubbed together to buy air conditioners, for the summer. They retailed at £600, with a delivery of 10 days and after management and procurement charges were added, contracts given to your mates and terms and conditions negotiated that nobody wanted it cost me £800 a unit and the manufacturer prioritised yours over mine as your order was bigger.

I managed to find a bloke who makes hair dryers and another who makes hifi who can sort me out.

Sponsored Links
To JohnD

With masks in very short supply this local initiative has been started. ( it was posted in capitals )

10 April at 21:23
PLEASE DO SHARE - THIS IS NATIONAL!

HERE AND NOW - PLEASE HELP.
500 VISORS HAVE BEEN MADE BY SANDY SECONDARY SCHOOL IN THE LAST 3 DAYS! WE NEED MORE ACCESS TO LASER CUTTING MACHINES - MOST SECONDARY SHOOLS HAVE THEM! PLEASE ADVISE ME IF YOU KNOW WHERE A MACHINE IS AND IDEALLY A CONTACT - THIS IS CRITICAL - PLEASE WE NEED YOUR HELP.
WE ARE ALREADY IN CONTACT WITH SHARNBROOK, LINCROFT, WOOTTON, BEDFORD COLLEGE. ANY BUSINESS WITH A MACHINE - PLEASE HELP. WE HAVE THE PROGRAMME AND MATERIAL.
HELP OUR FRONT LINE KEY WORKERS! NOW!!

Perhaps you can set up a similar scheme and be proactively helpful instead of just moaning

Are you aware that the EU previously banned export of PPE to the UK?

When I look at the source document (not your gossip website) I can't see UK mentioned. Can you?

However, I can see that exports are permitted under "to fulfil supply obligations under a joint procurement procedure"

Could that include the one that No. 10 wouldn't join?

Very sad that the EU offered the hand of friendship and co-operation to the UK, and it was not accepted.

Let me think. Is it more than Britain's got? Including the Dysons?

It could hardly be less.

" None of the new mechanical ventilators developed for treating coronavirus patients have obtained UK regulatory approval, a month after the government issued a rallying cry for British industry to help plug a shortage of the devices."

Very sad that the EU offered the hand of friendship and co-operation to the UK, and it was not accepted.

Was that before or after the French hijacked several lorries of PPE bound for the UK?

None of the new mechanical ventilators developed for treating coronavirus patients have obtained UK regulatory approval,

Do you know how long it takes to get approval ? I am sure the patients those lives have been saved by a functional but not yet approved ventilator do not give a damn about it not having a Certificate of Approval.

Do you know how long it takes to get approval ? I am sure the patients those lives have been saved by a functional but not yet approved ventilator do not give a damn about it not having a Certificate of Approval.

As I posted yesterday, according to an NYC ITU consultant on R5L a few days ago, if you need a ventilator, you're likely to die anyway.

Do keep up sweetie. This is Johnnie's thread
Yes, I just read the opening post. Did you not bother to read it...
First they said they didn't participate because "we're not in the EU."

Then they said "we didn't get the email" (but somehow managed to attend early meetings)

Then they said "communications error"

"UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE

Exclusive: Britain did not take part in €1.5bn order for kit to protect against Covid-19 despite shortages in NHS

Daniel Boffey in Brussels and Robert Booth

Mon 13 Apr 2020 19.01 BST Last modified on Mon 13 Apr 2020 21.46 BST

Britain missed three opportunities to be part of an EU scheme to bulk-buy masks, gowns and gloves and has been absent from key talks about future purchases, the Guardian can reveal, as pressure grows on ministers to protect NHS medics and care workers on the coronavirus frontline."
Just for your information boyo, doctors and nurses are dying due to a lack of protection due to the shortage of PPE. Geddit yet?

Sponsored Links
Back