Can't get the staff

But one thing is true, as a country 40% of our trade is with the EU - incidentally one of the largestcznd richest markets in the world
Brexit has had an effect on that too. Putin is causing some countries more trouble than others. Some leave people see this factor as good, finish them off etc.

Sponsored Links
I expect Mottie will be along soon posting a picture of a group of ethnic minorities waiting for a bus….and claiming they are trying to get work
I'm waiting for one of them with baited breath

Plausible eh?

The whole world stopped production of almost everything and lived off borrowed money for the best part of two years, leading to the severe shortages, rising prices and huge debts we are seeing now.

And you say it was all caused by Britain voting to leave the European Union.

Plausible, hmmm.
none ( or very little) of the food chain supply stopped but it is suffering major price rises.

are you saying brexi t had no or little effect ? Think about your answer before replying though, there is information out there to help.

It sounds like you are abandoning your moral principles and all hope for the future, assuming you ever had any morals or hope.
Ha Ha HAaaa

I'd hardly equate suggesting someone apply for £££ they might be legally entitled to with abandoning my moral principles. Person A and B are both entitled to £x from the government each month. A claims it, B doesn't. Who's the mug? Why not take it if legally entitled to? Look at how much of our tax take goes to contracts etc, some of which have 'interesting' backgrounds when you see who benefits financially.

Yes, let's ensure we keep our moral principles intact. The proverbial 1% got 2-3 times richer during covid, we got poorer in real terms. But hey, we have our morals ...

Sponsored Links
today, no salad potatoes, no new potatoes, no small potatoes, no baking potatoes. A few bags of reds and whites.

very few salad veg

big gaps in the biscuits shelves

no bananas, no raspberries, no apples, no grapefruit, very littlefresh fruit. some melons, a few lemons. a few nets of clementines or some other small orange. no rhubarb. few leeks.

no spinach, cabbage, greens or similar
Pretty pointless post if you’re not telling us where you were 'shopping'. I base all my posts on Sainsbury, Hornchurch. How about telling us your store name and branch?

Pretty pointless post if you’re not telling us where you were 'shopping'. I base all my posts on Sainsbury, Hornchurch. How about telling us your store name and branch?
Why does the town, or even which supermarket matter?

Are some affected differently ?

Apparently yes. Shops less than 500k square feet FoH aren't shops so they don't count, even if the next supermarket is 10 or 20.miles away. And forget rural areas, too, they don't count, either. Apparently ;)

Why does the town, or even which supermarket matter?

Well I’d have thought that if it was due to Brexit rather than local shortages etc, it would be a national shortage and not just in the local remainers supermarkets. As it happens, I just had to pop up to our Sainsburys for some dog food. While I was there I checked out the items that JonhD was short of in his local supermarket. Guess what? Yep, no shortages although some things were running low as it is getting late in the day.

D609AD5A-D1D3-4092-B06B-C8831A9E6AD5.jpeg340C4730-CA6A-4376-A62D-436C775EB178.jpeg82577D93-0ACB-4393-B3CD-DA08BD1A9B01.jpegF250E4DC-07EB-4DB2-A8AE-1EDEC4753F2A.jpeg426DFE72-926D-4C16-8F04-084D1B8769CF.jpeg545CDB0B-89C6-4564-8295-98465139C6DB.jpeg2D8A82A6-7631-42C5-A032-D7098EC5F104.jpeg58992B14-A7BF-4881-BE66-18270E1697F5.jpegA327B34F-24C9-42B3-8818-216E360C09B6.jpeg

Perhaps JohnD should pop over to Hornchurch for his shopping. It’s not too far from East London and he's up here twice a week anyway.

Well I’d have thought that if it was due to Brexit rather than local shortages etc, it would be a national shortage and not just in the local remainers supermarkets. As it happens, I just had to pop up to our Sainsburys for some dog food. While I was there I checked out the items that JonhD was short of in his local supermarket. Guess what? Yep, no shortages although some things were running low as it is getting late in the day.

View attachment 275785View attachment 275786View attachment 275787View attachment 275788View attachment 275789View attachment 275790View attachment 275791View attachment 275792View attachment 275793

Perhaps JohnD should pop over to Hornchurch for his shopping. It’s not too far from East London and he's up here twice a week anyway.
Great.

Late in the day
Now post the same shelves this evening around 6pm

Last edited:
Sort of.
They have known peak times and try to fill shelves accordingly.
If they have stock to fill with of course
Early mirnings, lunch times and early evenings are the obvious ones

Sponsored Links
Back