Can't get the staff

Sponsored Links
Is this the sort of potentially dangerous information that @Pat ex should be challenging or is he in agreement with that statement?
If I think you need assistance to support your arguments, I'm willing to help. But on this occasion, y'all seem to do be doing OK.
Keep up the good work. But I'm here if you need me. :sneaky:

I see you’ve made an entrance into the swerve it club. No surprises there.

I see you’ve made an entrance into the swerve it club. No surprises there.
Are you intent on dragging all the discussions down to personal spats? Or is this just your normal MO?

Sponsored Links
Our daughter went to a wedding in Guernsey a couple of weeks ago. A big wedding. They flew BA from City Airport. Every single one of the wedding party got the same flight out there. Return flight was cancelled a day before they left and they were put on an Aurigney flight to Gatwick. BA tried to get them to cancel and rebook to avoid compensation.
Well, she had a result. Got refunded in full plus compensation and ended up over £700 better off!

They didn't need to, though, because they could recruit from the EU without the need for visas
Presumably those airlines in the EU can recruit EU staff and what with all those EU airline staff returning home from the UK because of nasty Brexit rules, how do you explain the shortage of airline staff on European airlines? Surely they must have an abundance of experienced ex-UK based employees floating around the EU so why the shortage? Please explain.

Presumably those airlines in the EU can recruit EU staff and what with all those EU airline staff returning home from the UK because of nasty Brexit rules, how do you explain the shortage of airline staff on European airlines? Surely they must have an abundance of experienced ex-UK based employees floating around the EU so why the shortage? Please explain.
No-one is claiming that Brexit is the one and only influence, (except you claiming that everybody is). Although in the cases of processing public through customs, Brexit is probably the only influence.

Bad in EU
worse in UK

reason = Brexit

its not hard to understand.

Bad in EU
worse in UK

reason = Brexit

its not hard to understand.
You’re completely missing the point. How can it be 'bad' at all in the EU? Why the staff shortage? They did not 'suffer' from Brexit did they? In theory, they must have an abso-****ing-lute glut of staff to choose from because of Brexit! Nah, it’s not adding up I’m afraid. Try again.

You’re completely missing the point. How can it be 'bad' at all in the EU? Why the staff shortage? They did not 'suffer' from Brexit did they? In theory, they must have an abso-****ing-lute glut of staff to choose from because of Brexit! Nah, it’s not adding up I’m afraid. Try again.
you are missing the point. Brexit is a factor, not the only factor.

or are you saying it makes no difference at all? Brexi t has not affected it ?

How can it be 'bad' at all in the EU?
Covid. The UK is not the only country where people go to work. During the pandemic, people returned to their home countries when the world stopped. Many have not yet returned. The war probably isn't helping, many Eastern Europeans are likely far more concerned about Russia than we are over here, and are probably staying home to be with family.

Romania, Hungary and Poland all bordered with Ukraine, and been have expected a Russian attack for the last decade or so. That's a huge labour force tied up. Probably all part of Putins plan of course - take control of Europe's main food production area and labour pool - west slowly fails. Good timing with the drought too.

Sponsored Links
Back