Can't get the staff

Sponsored Links
That would affect all companies reasonably equally, which is simply not the case.
I disagree, some companies have a flexible approach to staffing. Other, smaller companies may be working on tight margins and be very sensitive to staff absences.

Why do companies that cut their staff numbers still accept the same work - airlines for one. BA cancelled our flight to Jersey. Booked again with Jet2, they cancelled. Eventually went with EasyJet. They havent taken staff back on so they are not 'understaffed'. With their current staff compliment and still taking the same bookings, they are 'overbooked'.

Why do companies that cut their staff numbers still accept the same work - airlines for one. BA cancelled our flight to Jersey. Booked again with Jet2, they cancelled. Eventually went with EasyJet. They havent taken staff back on so they are not 'understaffed'. With their current staff compliment and still taking the same bookings, they are 'overbooked'.
You can book with one airline and end up on a totally different airline. Something to do with empty seats, overbooked departures, etc.
It would be silly economics to have a plane leaving with half empty seats. Unfortunately a few passengers might be cancelled in that process.
Think of the planet. But it affects the cost of flights, eventually, also. It's how they reduce their margins.
But I don't think the aviation industry is a typical example of commerce in general.

Sponsored Links
You can book with one airline and end up on a totally different airline. Something to do with empty seats, overbooked departures, etc.
It would be silly economics to have a plane leaving with half empty seats. Unfortunately a few passengers might be cancelled in that process.
Think of the planet. But it affects the cost of flights, eventually, also. It's how they reduce their margins.
But I don't think the aviation industry is a typical example of commerce in general.
Our daughter went to a wedding in Guernsey a couple of weeks ago. A big wedding. They flew BA from City Airport. Every single one of the wedding party got the same flight out there. Return flight was cancelled a day before they left and they were put on an Aurigney flight to Gatwick. BA tried to get them to cancel and rebook to avoid compensation.
In any case, the airlines are lying ****s. Look at this bragging 'headline'. https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/20603858.jet2-not-cancel-flights-july-study-reveals/
Our Jet2 flight on July 12th was cancelled!

Part of the airline problem is simple. They operated when covid severely reduced passenger numbers and cut staff to suite.

According to research by consultancy Oxford Economics, compared with pre-Covid levels, there were 2.3mn fewer jobs in the aviation industry by September 2021. These figures include a 29 per cent fall in contracted staff at airports, such as ground-handlers, where 1.7mn jobs were lost.

They have asked about bringing people in on visas but no indication if this happened in the past.

I took no part in it, but everyone who took the funny money and the vaccines, rather than oppposing it all, is responsible for my shopping going up, my savings going down and my retirement date receding
Re-vaccines, consider this: without lockdowns and vaccines the NHS would probably have been overwhelmed. A prime example of this is what happened in Brazil

Re-vaccines, consider this: without lockdowns and vaccines the NHS would probably have been overwhelmed. A prime example of this is what happened in Brazil
No. Media and government hysteria caused things to be overwhelmed. It's just a cold. Go to bed for a couple of days and read some books. You have greater than a 99.9% chance of survival.

Media and government hysteria caused things to be overwhelmed. It's just a cold. Go to bed for a couple of days and read some books. You have greater than a 99.9% chance of survival.
Then it's a "cold" which killed a fit, active, rugby-playing 37 year old former colleague of mine who died of COVID in July 2020. It's a "cold" which also killed a lot of other people in hospitals - you need to get off FB and get out more

Last edited by a moderator:
They have asked about bringing people in on visas but no indication if this happened in the past.
They didn't need to, though, because they could recruit from the EU without the need for visas

No. Media and government hysteria caused things to be overwhelmed. It's just a cold. Go to bed for a couple of days and read some books. You have greater than a 99.9% chance of survival.
Andy you're a tosser.

Unlucky then, to die of this which is "just a cold".
Yeah his family were unlucky, because he hadn't had a vaccine.

Sponsored Links
Back