Can't get the staff

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NHS short of 12,000 doctors and 50,000 nurses, and government has no plan to fix this.

A far bigger threat to our well-being than most often issues.

On the news this morning. Probably in papers too.

Sponsored Links
Another Brexi Bonus?
This is one that deserves NOT to be labelled a Brexit screwup (though won't have helped).

I have for 30 years thought it a national scandal that we, a G7 nation, continually rape and plunder the health services of other countries for staff rather than grow our own. On this subject, I really don't care about any reasons or excuses. We should be supplying the world (after us), not going the other way. Rant over, must lie down now.

GP situation is simply going to get worse. Lots in their 50's that plan to retire in next few years. Less people choosing general practice as a medical career. Double whammy.

Sponsored Links
I have for 30 years thought it a national scandal that we, a G7 nation, continually rape and plunder the health services of other countries for staff rather than grow our own.
The way I understanf things in this regard is that the NHS do train staff and a great many bugger off to the private sector. There needs to be systems in place to try and retain staff.

The way I understanf things in this regard is that the NHS do train staff and a great many bugger off to the private sector. There needs to be systems in place to try and retain staff.
You do realise of course that the tory plan is to completely wreck and then fully privatise the UK health system, don't you?

And here's the next step...

"Patients would be charged £8 a day when in hospital under proposals from a former health service boss to raise more money for the NHS.

Prof Stephen Smith is also urging ministers to bring in charges of £4 to £8 to help cover the costs of medical equipment that patients need, such as hearing aids and walking devices.

People over 60 should also start paying for their prescriptions, to help raise more revenue for an underfunded NHS that is under “unsustainable” pressure from rising demand, said Smith.

Rising public dissatisfaction with the health service and patients’ unprecedented waits for GP care, ambulances and routine operations mean ministers need to urgently instigate a review of how the NHS is funded, which should include the creation of “co-payments” for some services."

You do realise of course that the tory plan is to completely wreck and then fully privatise the UK health system, don't you?
You’ve been saying that since you joined this forum. You’ll still be saying it in another 18 years time - when you are well into your 70’s or possibly early 80’s. I wonder if you’ll still be ageist then? :LOL:

Charlie is right, we need to make use of our own people rather than importing from other countries, and for everything, not just the NHS.

There is talk of putting medical people from other countries through less hoops if they come here. Depends on where they were trained.

There is a big but - more doctors and nurses etc increase running costs

Bit difficult to find for for doctors and dentists. Older info but some aspects have been around for all for a while

You’ve been saying that since you joined this forum. You’ll still be saying it in another 18 years time - when you are well into your 70’s or possibly early 80’s. I wonder if you’ll still be ageist then? :LOL:
Ellal is correct though.

the Tory party are endlessly privatising the NHS, contract by contract

why?

because this:

Sponsored Links
Back