CAN'T RECOMMEND IDEAL BOILERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ALL

I'm surprised my Ideal Isar lasted as long as it did....now it is failing after 4-and-a-half years. Started switching between 0 & D on the display with fan running - no burner (it thinks there is hot tap open) there is NOT!

The boiler has now got a leak and the display has gone with the regulation of heating/hot water out of control and running at very high temperature. Can't touch radiators (burning hot) and you have to be careful with the hot water or it will scald you.

April 2005....the worst bloody money I ever spent, now this boiler is DYING big style. IDEAL are coming out to this pile of crud on Friday...I hope they write it off! Very soon we will getting a new boiler installed....NOT AN IDEAL!

I will NEVER buy one of these pieces of s**t ever again and anyone reading this with an ounce of sense will not buy one either!

WORST BOILERS EVER - CANNOT RECOMMEND - LEAVE WELL ALONE!

Sponsored Links
there is worse - the Ideal Response!! ideal stopped making decent boilers years ago and like you i would never fit another one of their crates

their policy seems to be build crap , refuse to honour warranty and then rip you off for parts

W>>>>kers

HI KEVINDGAS

I speak just from a customer point of view as I'm not an installer, but I'll tell you what, it's frightening how many people on here have massive problems with them and some only lasting a couple of years......shocking!

I'm sure IDEAL will recommend them though, but isn't that a bit like Mr Sugar recommending AMSTRAD gear......and we all know about Amstrad!
This reminds me of a TS88 tower music centre I once owned.....yeah...it was always going wrong too! :mrgreen:

there is worse - the Ideal Response!! ideal stopped making decent boilers years ago and like you i would never fit another one of their crates

their policy seems to be build crap , refuse to honour warranty and then rip you off for parts

W>>>>kers
just out interest i am about to recommend the new logic plus as comes with the 5 year guarantee why did they not honor their warrnetty

Sponsored Links
Well... it's a bit ignorant to say ideal boilers are poop, yes some of them are but some alpha's etc are too.

Ideal wont write the boiler off, it is repairable and for all the problems you have i am quite sure it will revolve around one part thats faulty causing several issues more than likely, apart from the leak maybe.
But i understand your concern as it's your boiler you want the best out of it you can possibly get.

If you do decide to switch for another boiler i only recommend between vokera, alpha and worcester. Some of them may be pricier than others but usually for a good reason.

truth of matter is i am only going for it as it look`s good inside plenty room for me and my spanners and five year garenntee is mean`s the land lady has some form of assurance and i can give her an nice quote for servicing but that all mean`s jack if break`s down and ideal won`t repair it and can get it good price

Broag Remeha do a 5 Year warranty on the Avanta range now--not that they need it cos they don't go wrong ;)

eventually ideal will come up with a decent boiler , icos, isar, response all ,turkeys ! logic boiler who knows , would'nt fit any boiler with an ally heat exc' , had an installation that required 2 x boilers , both boilers would be condensing all the time , approached ideal & worcestor both refused to honour any heat exc ' warrantys , if they were installed , so used another make , & that turned out to be a disaster. stainless steel only for me .

Try James Hargreaves, main stockists for Remeha and have loads of branches out Lancy way ![/quote]

cheers not bad price for one etheir

HI ALL

An update on the saga of our duff Ideal boiler. Last night 11/12/09 we had someone from Ideal to try to fix our boiler again......and then he turned the goddamned off - I WENT BESERK! It was the last straw that broke the camels back!

This time there was a problem with the flue so this morning someone else came back and fixed that....fired up the boiler.....we had hot water....no heating again. Understand it now needs a diverter valve.

The guy from Ideal (from the night before) could not (more like would not) fix it because we don't have our attic boarded out.....like 99 percent of other people and it was company policy he was not allowed to go near the flue. BULLS**T! Awwww diddums, my heart bleeds!

I told the guy who fixed the flue today that we intend to get it ripped out and he replied: "You've got the right idea!" Now that's what I call a real glowing comment for an IDEAL boiler.

Just want to say thank you to the guy from IDEAL....for leaving us with no hot water and heating. My wife and I have medical conditions: I have diabetes and high blood pressure, my wife has adrenal hyperplasia and we can't do without heat. My wife signed the form and the IDEAL guy had wrote "disconnected at your request"....er...sorry... we don't remember saying that...the b*****d was covering his own scrawny little back! The little prat!

ROLL ON THE DAY I GET THIS SCRAPPER OF A BOILER OUT OF MY HOUSE! I SHALL FLY THE UNION JACK HIGH ON ONE OF MY ANTENNA MASTS!

THEN OUR CONNECTION TO IDEAL WILL BE GONE FOREVER! YIPPEE!!!!

The guy from Ideal (from the night before) could not (more like would not) fix it because we don't have our attic boarded out.....like 99 percent of other people and it was company policy he was not allowed to go near the flue. BULLS**T! Awwww diddums, my heart bleeds!

regulations

he was quite right

as your obviously a PITA

cant blame the lad for going by the book :rolleyes:

just out interest i am about to recommend the new logic plus as comes with the 5 year guarantee

you want your head testing!!!

why did they not honor their warrnetty

boiler went wrong on thursday afternoon, i went and looked that evening, rang crappy boiler company for a warranty call earliest they had was thursday PM in the next week.

as i knew it was the crap PCB / control panel farce i sourced the parts locally and fitted that afternoon.
wrote to the crappy boiler company asking for a refund of the cost of the retro kit. they refused even though i was providing the labour free of charge to avoid my customer having no heating or water for a week.

then they added insult to my inteligence by claiming that there wasn't an inherant fualt in the boiler PCB design despite modifying it numerous times!
they said send the board in and they would look at it which i did.
the reply was that it had fired 3,400 times so it couldn't be a fault!! and that it had been caused by the fan.
the fan still runs to this day (6 months later) so how the F*** can it be the fan?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back