Cashless society ( pros and cons)

Sponsored Links
we are talking about how contactless allows you to carry out 3 purchases a day without funds

I very much doubt if that is true, each time a card is used, the unit contacts the bank to reserve the funds from the account.

To all those deluded enough to think that cashless will stop crimes such as drug dealing, tax fraud, money laundering, paying illegal wages etc., think again! The villains will get around it in ways we have not yet anticipated; they always do. Such people do not suddenly become law-abiding when expected to.

Sponsored Links
Contactless cards have a limit on the value of allowable transactions

Yes they do and it sounds innocent enough, but the same idea can be used to limit the spender in other, more sinister ways. Your spending can be time-limited, stopping you going out at night for instance, and it can be location-restricted, keeping you inside your own district - both methods useful for lockdown zealots!

The pushing of the cashless economy and the gormless acceptance of it by the British public is another step towards the communism that our governments want for us. You have all accepted the loss of our freedom of association and freedom to travel in the past 18 months, the giving away of our industries to China, the eradication of our religion, the country being overrun with foreigners, the dumbing down of our education system and the vilification of our history. All these were done on pretexts of being beneficial to us, just as cashless is being sold to us now.

You all voted for this stuff!

I went to a Gig a few weeks ago and the sister in law bought the tickets, she had them on her phone when we went in, no problem. I was thinking that seems to be coming normal now, soon doors to all sorts of places will only open if you have the right kind of phone/ethnicity/credits/class/the list could be endless and you wouldn't even be able to complain to anybody.

I very much doubt if that is true, each time a card is used, the unit contacts the bank to reserve the funds from the account.
The banking system has always had stupid little loopholes like that. Not all transactions are done in real time, that's one of the reasons they don't always show immediately on your online banking.

If you ever work with financial services IT you will be amazed by the amount of antiquated junk systems and processes they run on.

Yes they do and it sounds innocent enough, but the same idea can be used to limit the spender in other, more sinister ways. Your spending can be time-limited, stopping you going out at night for instance, and it can be location-restricted, keeping you inside your own district - both methods useful for lockdown zealots!
But it can also be used to corral protesters, so thats a good thing,right?

You have all accepted the loss of our freedom of association and freedom to travel in the past 18 months
So that is bad when done to stop people dying, but would be good if it were done to stop people protesting, or buying drugs, yes?

the giving away of our industries to China,
That happened because we have capitalism, not communism. How many jobs did Soviet Russia export? How many does China export?

Are the sorts of rigid government controls on the commercial freedom of companies which would be needed if you wanted to stop them having things made abroad, often in countries we wish to trade with, characteristic of a capitalist regime or a communist one?

the eradication of our religion
Please tell us which dictionary contains the definition of "eradication" which you are using.

And please provide the proof that that was "done to us", and isnt just fewer people having irrational beliefs.

As an aside - I assume from that part of your post that you are "religious", and Im pretty sure from many things youve said that you regard "our religion" as Christianity. So what do you think that Jesus Christ would make of your attitude to those less fortunate than you, or to those of his ethnic group, or to those who are persecuted and seek a place of safety on our shores?

the country being overrun with foreigners,
Please define "overrun", and provide proof that it has happened.

the dumbing down of our education system
In what way(s)?

and the vilification of our history.
Who has been abusively disparaging our history? Ive seen a lot of more rigorous examination and truthful reporting of it, so are you more in favour of ignorance and lies?

All these were done on pretexts of being beneficial to us, just as cashless is being sold to us now.
But it will help to stop the trade in illegal drugs, so thats a good thing, right?

You all voted for this stuff!
Who should we have voted for to stop "this stuff" happening?

To all those deluded enough to think that cashless will stop crimes such as drug dealing, tax fraud, money laundering, paying illegal wages etc., think again! The villains will get around it in ways we have not yet anticipated; they always do. Such people do not suddenly become law-abiding when expected to.

Thd ultra intelligent will adapt the average criminal/ drug dealer will just leave themselves open...

Never will it stop all crime but it will reduce it.

doubt it all you want

Will contactless payments work if you have no money in the account?
Contactless transactions could still go through even if you have run out of money. Retailers do not have to check how much money is in your account before accepting your card payment, meaning you could be charged a fee if you do not have an authorised overdraft agreement in place.

I was give one without asking. Never needed it but its there if I want it. No dramas.
dont forget people can also have one and go over it so same scenario as not having one ...

dont forget people can also have one and go over it so same scenario as not having one ...
This could go around in circles.

You talk about credit/debt as if it is a new concept, beholden only to those recently in receipt of the unholy contactless payment facility. Debt, borrowing overspending has afflicted banking customers since money was invented - cash or otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Back