CCTV Cameras

Right or wrong, I assumed it was part of a learning experience for the OP - nowt much wrong with that.
No, nothing wrong at all. However, it seems more to be aim-motivated and, as it has turned out, a very slow learning experience. Let's faced it, most of us would have resolved the power supply issue in a very small number of minutes.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I was going by the fact that you seemed to be concerned about whether they were "worth anything".
That to be considered as well, why they had been dumped and weather or not they where worth repairing. But give the amount I have and the price quoted on p1 hear, I think it is

No, nothing wrong at all. However, it seems more to be aim-motivated and, as it has turned out, a very slow learning experience. Let's faced it, most of us would have resolved the power supply issue in a very small number of minutes.

Kind Regards, John
But most people on hear are electricians. lets look at it another way, if the cameras work and I have learnt about the system then when the time comes I then should have a good understanding about installing them myself and maintaining them

Sponsored Links
But most people on hear are electricians. lets look at it another way, if the cameras work and I have learnt about the system then when the time comes I then should have a good understanding about installing them myself and maintaining them
Fair enough. Do you by any chance have, or could you borrow, a 'multimeter' ?

Kind Regards, John

Do you by any chance have, or could you borrow, a 'multimeter' ?
I have a cheap one from maplins hear, but without knowing exactly which port is input and its input power supply, wont be needing it for a while I guess

I have a cheap one from maplins hear, but without knowing exactly which port is input and its input power supply, wont be needing it for a while I guess
Cheap from Maplin s fine, provided it's working.

As I've said, if the power supply that has been sent to you has the plug you illustrated on one of the cables, that must be the output (12V DC).

What's on the end of the other cable - nothing?

Kind Regards, John

Its just two loose wires, one blue and the other a brownish colour
OK. As expected, that would be the mains input, then - blue=neutral and brown='live'.

Did you really get it from TLC in that state (with no markings and no instructions)?

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Either cut the dc plug off the end and check with a multimeter which one is negative or buy a dc adaptor ….

Attachments

• 390E5C38-05A5-4D41-8573-691DE241F46C.jpeg
    390E5C38-05A5-4D41-8573-691DE241F46C.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 2C9C8DF8-9BEE-49F6-ABC1-8F4AADA7F789.jpeg
    2C9C8DF8-9BEE-49F6-ABC1-8F4AADA7F789.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 42
Did you really get it from TLC in that state (with no markings and no instructions)?
That is how it arrived, but now they are saying that they have checked there CCTV and can confirm they have sent the right part, they must think Im stupid! please see attachments

Attachments

• IMG_20220927_112204.jpg
    IMG_20220927_112204.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20220927_112220.jpg
    IMG_20220927_112220.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220927_112240.jpg
    IMG_20220927_112240.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 60

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back