Challenger ap28 led meanings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I moved into this house a few years ago we have a challenger alarm which I’ve never used, got two panels them being challenger ap28 and then I think a challenger au1000 bell box outside.

Over the past few years randomly the internal siren has went off a few times, but putting in the code stopped it, I wasn’t sure if maybe it’s a tamper or some fault ?

The panel shows a continuous orange lit Day led and a continuous orange lit 24hr led, Do the lights on the control panel mean anything ? If it’s a tamper I’ve stuck in the code and the hash key all ready but not sure if anything changed.

then a few weeks ago was getting some work done outside and they drilled near the bell box which set the bell box off and the internal siren, I stuck the code in a few times but it didn’t stop the bell box for a minute or so after sticking it in. The bell box seems to have a continuous red led on it, anything to worry about ?

Included a pic of the panel
61-C2-CEC6-5-C90-4-C40-89-C2-3478-D5-DEBC62.png

Sponsored Links
24h led shows tamper fault.
Drilling near bell box which caused sounder to activate would suggest issue with tamper switch on bell box.

Sponsored Links
You will need ladders for a start.
Faulty bell box or tamper switch needs adjusting.
Do you feel competent to repair yourself, if not get someone in to sort.
Paying for a service visit engineer should check whole system including bell box.

Is it a bad thing if the bell box shows the tamper issue if I don’t actually use the alarm? Will it cause any issues?

Potentially yes, internally my activate if tamper goes secure and active, externally may self activate. Not familiar with bell box you mention

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back