Changing energy suppliers

This is a sample of how crazy life is with BG...

I have just downloaded it - note it shows me £658.22 in debit, and the good news - they are reducing my current DD of £145 pm, to £69.37

Do they employ 12 year old accountants?

1690474867851.png

Sponsored Links
I am with Octopus, they emailed me today suggesting I increase my payments by £17.50 per month because……

Without a change to your monthly payments, we expect you to owe £9.92 by this time next year.

I told them they are dreaming if they think I am going to increase my payments when I am over £120 in credit and if I owe them £9.92 this time next year, don't worry as I shall pay it immediately.

I am with Octopus, they emailed me today suggesting I increase my payments by £17.50 per month because……

Without a change to your monthly payments, we expect you to owe £9.92 by this time next year.

I told them they are dreaming if they think I am going to increase my payments when I am over £120 in credit and if I owe them £9.92 this time next year, don't worry as I shall pay it immediately.
One of the things I like about Octopus is how easy I've found it to change the direct debit amount - I've recently reduced it to £1 a month.

One of the things I like about Octopus is how easy I've found it to change the direct debit amount - I've recently reduced it to £1 a month.
Wow, you really are not using lots of energy.

This feature doesn't always work to those levels, around a year ago, I couldn't set the amount lower than about £150 per month. Presumably now summer is here, most have built up a buffer.

Sponsored Links
I'm now with Octopus, they just wanted me to provide final/initial meter readings. Octopus's website is a complete delight to use, simple, straight to the point, and none of the confusing ads to pic your way through, for additional services which I wouldn't even trust BG to provide.

I'm with Octopus, they seem ok, but are ignoring my requests for a smart meter.

Last I heard, they were in short supply, but they tend to fit them in areas. I think the way it works, is...
They pester people in an area to have one, then do all in that area who accept them, in one hit. If you are not in an area scheduled for some installs in the near future, they will ignore you.

As will I when they keep asking for a meter reading every month :D

My Smarts began again reporting, a few months after I was switched to BG, Octopuses email suggests they will start to work as Smart with a few weeks, but in the meantime, I will have to send in manual readings. Not a problem, I do my own manual reads every Sunday, to fill in my spreadsheet.

My Smarts began again reporting, a few months after I was switched to BG, Octopuses email suggests they will start to work as Smart with a few weeks, but in the meantime, I will have to send in manual readings. Not a problem, I do my own manual reads every Sunday, to fill in my spreadsheet.

[UPDATE] Octopus are already reading my smarts, the readings began the very same day I moved suppliers - last Friday. All very slick indeed, unlike BG who took months before my meters began to be smart again.

Even better, I can download the readings as csv database values, straight to Excell :)

Tell ‘em your leaving if you don't get a smart meter.

Subject of the email to be ”COMPLAINT” . That makes them aware and drops it into the must respond within so many days, not sure what the actual figure is now. It gets their attention as Ofgem have an interest in complaints that drag on and investigate those suppliers who are slack in dealing with them

Tell them you want a smart meter to help with budgeting and the spiralling costs of energy and if they are unable to supply one you will find a supplier who can.

It worked for me, you don't even have to leave, just let them think you may. I got my own personal complaint answerer with her Octopus email address so I could respond directly to her.

Good luck.

[UPDATE] Octopus are already reading my smarts, the readings began the very same day I moved suppliers - last Friday. All very slick indeed, unlike BG who took months before my meters began to be smart again.

In the process of setting up my account (doing a dummy run), rather than checking my annual consumption, I just made a guess at it, but at then end, instead of stopping, I completed the process expecting to be able to revise the figures later - you cannot. It bases the monthly dd on the figures, and they stick.

It was only an extra £20 pm, but better in my bank, so late last night I emailed them, explained and asked if they could adjust it. An hour later, after we had gone to bed, I got a reply saying they had adjusted the dd amount. Now that's incredibly slick. Email BG, and I was fortunate if I got a reply, and often never received any reply at all.

Bit cheeky but... if anyone else fancies switching to Octopus, use my referral link please

...and we'll both get £50 (y)

Sponsored Links
Back