Clocks go back Tonight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think they should?

I'd prefer the extra daylight in the afternoon, TBH.

Cheers

G

Sponsored Links
Do you think they should?

I'd prefer the extra daylight in the afternoon, TBH.

Cheers

G

that's a bit like saying "i'd prefer the extra revenue received on tabacco get's spent on cancer research.."

it aint up to you my friend... it's up to the government you voted for.... :eek:

what do i do with my sundial during the clocks go back thing? put it in the cupboard for an hour? :eek:

Sponsored Links
what do i do with my sundial during the clocks go back thing? put it in the cupboard for an hour? :eek:

Make sure you put a little light oil on the movement to stop it freezing during the winter. ;)

I can see the irony, but not the joke..?

Timing was invented to call people to pray, as origional clocks didn't have a face, they were alarm clocks, to call people to pray. So time is relative, as Einstein would say, so why not take 30 minutes off, and leave it at that?

And as time is relative, when you have fun, time goes faster, when you are bored time goes slower, so payoff that time, against your 30 minute 'carbon footprint of time', so it equals out over the 6 months? There is a machine in development to work this out, but my 'weird' friend says it's not ready yet.. :LOL:

Why do they keep messing with the clocks for every yr anyway?

Isn't there a good case for leaving it alone as I'm sure ROSPA have been campaigning for not doing this ritual every yr?

Im, I've been thinking about that problem and come to the conclusion that you have been away for some time and need to catch up. ;)

However, here's what you do. When its 12 o'clock sometime this week and the sun is out make it point at 11 o'clock. In the Spring at 11 o'clock make it point at 12 o'clock. :)

By the way, stop slipping away. Your naughtiness does have some redeeming features ;)

So , They call it daylight saving but,,,,,
Last year at this time, there were still the same amount of daylight hours as there was this year. In the middle of winter there will still be the same amount of daylight hours as there were last winter and the one before that, ad nauseum.
Daylight Saving?? Nah, their having you on. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Im, I've been thinking about that problem and come to the conclusion that you have been away for some time and need to catch up. ;)

However, here's what you do. When its 12 o'clock sometime this week and the sun is out make it point at 11 o'clock. In the Spring at 11 o'clock make it point at 12 o'clock. :)

By the way, stop slipping away. Your naughtiness does have some redeeming features ;)

Does a sundial lose time, when a low cloud blocks the sun?

Does a sundial lose time, when a low cloud blocks the sun?

I thought your question was daft....at first. But then I thought again.

Obviously if you were looking at the sun dial as the sun went in behind a cloud. Then some time later you when the sun came out again you would have found that a chunk of time had passed without you seeing it. So, I guess that counts as lost time because you didn't see it pass.

I agree with the OP, why do we feel it necessary to mess about with the clocks?? The UK sits in a specific time zone specified years ago and as such we have a standard time relative to other locations on Earth, so why do we need to move the clocks backwards and forwards each year? Who exactly benefits from it? I always understood that is was for the benefit of the farming industry but my brother-in-law is a farmer and i can see no benefit it gives him - in fact it means that this week he'll be feeding his cows in the dark and last week he wasn't (quite).

And as someone already said, who came up with the term 'daylight saving'? In no way does it 'save' any daylight, it just moves the time it gets light and the time it goes dark??

I wonder how much time (and therefore money) is wasted collectively amongst UK business this morning by someone having to alter clocks?? I know many things change themselves nowadays but i've had to change a number of clocks and equipment that don't change themselves in our office.

Timing was invented to call people to pray, as origional clocks didn't have a face, they were alarm clocks, to call people to pray

Thats not true.....The Egyptians invented the first timing device to split the day into seperate parts, this was about 3000 BC

Sponsored Links
Back