Combi to Combi swap

They not so easy to do Dan, I've never had any dealings with them at all.

Sponsored Links
I should also add that the 30%margin is an overall target for the year, so some jobs will be higher, some lower. You might want to check with your gaffer if he has a similar target.

Many of his costs will be fixed. Most will be materials, and therefore variable - I would have thought.

I hate Ideal boilers with a passion, but they do write decent manuals.

You may well hate Ideal boilers Dan, but Billy is dealing with a 440 which is a Worcester!

I have certainly had a bad week!

First a Vizo which has had Necrotizing fasciitis and instructed by a Agent who forget they did not have a management contract with the landlady who is an Indian divorce lawyer who is very argumentative about boilers as if she is in the divorce court.

Next needing to remove a 56 kg Flamingo fitted near to the ceiling when the cust is buying a new table.

The "table" turns out to be a solid marble 1500mm diameter table top on a solid marble base which both look as if they weigh a ton. So now that its on the floor its too heavy to be moved and is seriously close to where the boiler has to be removed.

With a boiler so heavy I am dead scared of it falling and breaking this table which must have cost close to £2000!

Having to call on a property market friend who does weight lifting.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Whilst the 440 is similar to the old one, assuming its similar to the 550 that I have fitted, it needs quite a lot of new pipework to fit.

I would suggest more like 3.5 days including controls and some TRVs.

It is not just a combi but a storage combi!

The Worcester weather compensation controller is very good in my opinion!

Tony

If thats the case, no wonder you are having a referendum on independance!

Now then!

Richard is one of those sensible Scots who realise the value of staying together!

In any case I think their referendum is about "independence"

For a floor standing combi with a 4m vertical flue??

Dont talk rubbish rich ;)

If thats the case, no wonder you are having a referendum on independance!

I priced a combi swop two weeks ago & the guy was very genuine, he showed me one of my competitors quotes. I closely calculated the cost price of the materials involved, and without any consideration for profits or overheads, the guy was doing the job for 50sheets!!! The domestic heating market in Scotland is shockingly cheap.

I have estimated work for projects from £20-£1,500,000, I know what I'm doing. That guy doesn't know what he's doing!!

There's firms in Scotland paying time served tradesmen £10/hour. The Plumbing & Central Heating industry here has been totally wiped out by course cowboys & chancers.

Update,

I priced the job up over the weekend, I went back to the gaffer with a price of £3400 for supply and install, I gave him my break down etc and how I came to the final costing.

He said, I was a little under what he priced for and started on about overheads etc so you guys were bang on about variations etc.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back