Concerning CET recondition pcb's

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Manlow, 2 Dec 2014.

1. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's back up now Dan....

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That's marvellous :mrgreen:

4. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Always had good service from you Geoff , made a few $$ on that 170 keston blower you overhauled , not to mention the two Worcester fans you gave me a couple of weeks ago as we wern't sure which one it was...oh and all this before I returned the fooked fan to you.....

Then we have the impatient bastad who wants a fan straight away, a nosebag down the cafe and its overhauled.;)

You exchanged two profile boards for me as they were faulty , must confess it was an error on my part and both boards were fine , you changed them anyway.

Thanks for the good service over the years (adam).

Dan , stop giving him a hard time FFS.

You've had customers not happy with you as I have , but as you know the majority are , bout time CET had good reviews as opposed to the very small percentage who think the opposite.

Fook paying OEM prices , had enough of being ripped off by these crooked scamming bastads , vaillant being top of the list.

5. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    To be fair to Geoff, fans I have less of an issue with as there are other safety devices involved. PCBs on the other hand are the lynch pin of all the components.

In that vein, if CET and ALL the other companies that do the same job can be honest and say whether or not they will take on the liabilities that the manufacturers do when they approve th the product then great.

Otherwise... . Well, how many pages are we on now? . And this is far from the first time I have had this public discussion with Geoff. . He gas never been able to give a reasonable answer and flecks off with the "I know better than you" attitude.

6. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sneaky edit their dude ;)

Geoff is unfortunate in that he is the only one of his trade that bothers to contribute to this kind of discussion and I respect him for that. As I do his greater knowledge of electronics to my own, as I do your knowledge of traditional plumbing techniques.

The fact remains that he is making changes to primary safety devices and is not saying whether or not the refurbished boards, which obviously no longer have manufacturer approval, will be supported by CET should something tragic happen.

A simple question that needed a simple answer. . Not evasion.

7. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Surprised you slate CET off in the general forum Dan , if you have an issue confront the man , not good for business for CET or yourself , act professional within the open forum as it's not doing you any favours what with the kindergarten behaviour. ;)

8. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not yet had a problem with CET boards , think you are over reacting. ;)

9. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm not saying anything different here than I would say in person, or the "other place".

Besides, how would you suggest I confront him differently? . Rock up to his unit? . Why not just give the answers here and turn it into a positive?

10. Sponsored Links
  11. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It only takes one. Then who would be over reacting?

12. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Double post.

I'm sure Geoff is a lovely person. BTW. . Doesn't mean we have to agree.

13. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As you are well aware I am a little more fussy than yourself regarding the industry we are in ;) ......as I said I have no concerns regarding recon boards.

14. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    ;)

Like I said, it only takes one, that is what type approval is for.

What if it was your daughters first digs and the boiler didn't fail safe? Would Geoff get the same treatment as the cab driver in that other discussion?

15. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have you an 'example' whereby a control board could hold the the GV open without rectification? , a few OEM boards did just that. ;)

16. Steelmasons

Steelmasons

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    ....and if it were an OEM part like say the Worcester or vaillant catching fire?? , I only hope I wouldn't be in that situation so a moot point.

17. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Rectification is only an issue (in this case) for the ignition phase.. . What about an hour later? . Burner already going, ;)

OEM board can do what it likes. If it's oem the manufacturer has liability . . But a refurbished board is not. The manufacturer will stick 2 fingers up and walk.

If CET are in talks with manufacturers, or more likely Homeswerve and BG, then fine happy days and more power to their elbows. . It is irrelevant in the context of this debate.