Concerning CET recondition pcb's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As A Gas registered installer and a professional running my own business, i recently had the misfortune to have dealings with these people.

It was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish, first it was the wrong board (which they insisted was the right one), then they said they did not have the board that i wanted and anyway it didn't exist, then they said 'send the old board back and they would repair it', which was done, then the old board came back and it still didn't work so in the end and I had buy a new one and had to send back MY OLD BOARD SO I COULD GET A REFUND.

This went on over a period of weeks meanwhile my customer had no heating or hot water.

When i phoned today to find out when the refund would occur they told me thy only received it yesterday and it was being processed,
so after an exchange which was heated but not impolite the person hung up on me when i phoned back he actually told me to 'go away'.

I have been in business for over 40 years and was a Corgi reg engineer even before it was compulsory, and i have never had such unprofessional, shoddy customer service leave alone the faulty goods.

I can see this ending up in court.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE COWBOYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, if you do then you deserve anything they sling at you.

BTW Ive joined this board purposely to warn people of this outfit, Ive never posted before and doubt if i will again.

Sponsored Links
I've never had a problem with them, always found them helpful , curteous and knowledgable.

As engineers we always like detail!

Such as the boiler make and model and the part number of the required PCB.

Remember these are not reconditioned PCBs but repaired PCBs.

So they are still old ones and not new ones.

So an economic way to repair a boiler but not the same as a new one.

It is not very uncommon for people to buy a repaired PCB and charge a new PCB price!

Join the CC and post these matters there!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I use CET all the time. I offer my customers the cost of a reconditioned item or a brand new new one. The cost of repair is reflected in their choice. Why pay £150 for a brand new board when a recon at half the price has the same 12mth warranty?

Angie has been without doubt the best point of contact at that company, nothing is too much trouble. Yes there has been a couple of hiccups but easily resolved after a phone call.

I have had more problems with new pcb's out of the sealed box than i have had with a recon from CET.

More details of the fault might be useful, as said before.

The original pcb went out on the 3rd Oct, and was reported faulty (I
was out of the country at the time and am not familiar with this
particular issue) a replacement pcb sent on the 10th. (i.e. as soon as
he reported the fault). He said the replacement pcb was faulty, he was
told to return it. We received it back yesterday (on the 1st December),
which is why its been going on for "months" - it took him that long to
actually return it.

He was aggressive on the phone demanding to know where his refund was. I
told him we hadn't had time to process it (i.e. unpack, test and report
back) in the 24 hours since we received it. "This has been going on for
months" - Yes because he hadn't returned the pcb

Everyone who uses us knows how we work and hopefully understand that
this poor person seems to be a few windings short of a fan motor.

sorry dan you are obviously unqualified to comment as you lack the experience of both sides of the fence. Someone else in this thread said "I have had more problems with new pcb's out of the sealed box than i have had with a recon from CET."
I shall leave it as that

That's right.

I'm unqualified.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not saying anything one way or another about other posters experiences on an individual basis.

But...

Do you carry type approval for your repairs? Are they sanctioned by ANY manufacturers?

If YOU are qualified; why not post in the CC. Afterall you are working on gas appliances?

I am geoff, and yes, I'm still up

As far as I know you have never used us, so you are not in a position to comment on our services, quite simple really - you have no experience of what we offer

"Do you carry type approval for your repairs? Are they sanctioned by ANY manufacturers?" - sanctioned by the manufacturers? We are offering a cost effective altrernative to their rip off prices - what do you think? although ... watch this space.

"Afterall you are working on gas appliances?" no we're not. Are you drunk or just confused? no we repair fans and pcbs not appliances

I am also not one of those sad people who spend their evenings in forums and newsgroups lacking a life outside

Yes, the website is tired and old, but it wasn't meant to be pretty, it was designed for functionality making it easy to get to what you want easily - it is very successful at doing that. It is, hiowever, in the process of being completely rehashed

Yours seems very impressive for a one man band with a mobile and a ford van - well done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back