Condensing boiler exemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I bet you wear your pants outside your trousers with a matching cape John. My hero.

Dont think you said what boiler is hanging on your wall at the moment.
Tell us make and model and its highly likely the repairs would be much cheaper than replacing if you get the right person in.

Sponsored Links
I bet you wear your pants outside your trousers with a matching cape John. My hero.
Someone has to take up the mantle and save mankind from foolishness.

My boiler is an old Ariston and is beyond the point of no return. I am exempt and can replace it with another non-condensing combi. I like the look of the Vokera as it does not have a 3-way valve, which must make it more reliable.

Don't you just hate knowalls that have to have the last word? ;)
Yes, even when they are proven wrong.

Your boiler ain't on the wall yet so nothing has been proved..
Proven wrong about condensing boiler exemption not if a new non-condensing will work or not, which I am sure it will as millions are still in operation in this country. I was told by many that a condensing boiler must be fitted. And when proven wrong they go on about having the existing one repaired as if a new boiler is not exempt. Boy some just can't take being proven wrong. :) :) A good giggle though.

My mother in law has to have the last say on everything, she's an annoying fu*ker as well.

But there is no technical reason why you cannot have a steamer...

But there is no technical reason why you cannot have a steamer...
There is a practical one. For the umpteenth time. I CANNOT have a boiler with a plume or run a large pipe in an area of the building I am prevented to because I do not own it. There is no "technical" reason why I could not run and long flue pipe through next door's kitchen and out through the side wall (he is one the end). "Practically" that cannot be done as I do not own the kitchen and he will not allow me and neither will the freeholder. I hope you are learning from this ;) It is very simple. Just admit you are wrong.

I will leave you to have another last word. :) Copy this to your mother in law she will appreciate it and be proud of you.

But you flue already discharges over property that you don't own so the new installation would fall foul of the regs..

I don't have a mother in law but I think that you need to get a girlfriend..

But you flue already discharges over property that you don't own so the new installation would fall foul of the regs..
Where did you get that? The plume is a nuisance and can make the ceiling damp. The owner of the area it discharges into will not allow it. I CANNOT extend the flue, wait for it......That means exemption.
One girl friend is enough.

You can't learn can you. Can't you read regs and interpret them? So cannot, no problem there. If so just take what others say who can.

Your flue currently discharges over the land lords property... This falls foul of the regs. If you were to fit any gas boiler condensing or not in the same location this too would not comply...

You are the one who wants to do things by the book...Get round that clever cloggs.

I have a nice Gledhill Electramate for sale cheap.....But for you I'll double the price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back