Could Brexit create new manufacturing.

yes its been going down the pan for decades, but still nothing to do with the EU

And very little to do with "the muppets you voted for" either.
UK manufacturing has been being dismantled since the eighties, partly by governments, and partly by the employees and unions themselves (cutting their own throats).

Sponsored Links
Notchy man,,,you would say that...freekin spooky coincidence all our industry fuked off to Poland after we joined EU but it did not before we joined EU...how numb are you,,apart from very.

You seem to have forgotten Thatcher and her transformation of the UK into services.

it was terrible the way EU forced all those coal mines to shut

And why oh why did the EU make us have the poll tax

UK manufacturing has been being dismantled since the eighties, partly by governments, and partly by the employees and unions themselves (cutting their own throats).

surely employees and unions are a result of political decisions
If UK government had invested in education and invested in industry we wouldnt have lost manufacturing
I cant think its helped neo liberal policies which flogged anything not nailed down -its all about short termism.

Sponsored Links
How so?
You make it sound like the population are just gormless minions, rather than the lifeblood of the country.

government shapes the direction

do you think taking away nurses bursaries might be connected to less people becoming nurses

if government puts money into technical colleges and gives people grants to go there.....that would mean more people trained in technical skills and more of that sort of business here

sadly many CEOs and top executives seem to be public school muppets who got the job through the old boys network "Golf on Friday Old Bean" :ROFLMAO:

government shapes the direction

do you think taking away nurses bursaries might be connected to less people becoming nurses

That doesn't explain decimation of manufacturing ; you can't kill it in a few years (as basically happened in the eighties) by cutting off the supply of willing and able 18 year olds.....

yes its been going down the pan for decades, but still nothing to do with the
40 years of decline..40 years of EU membership..Of course.no connection.Send Black & Decker to Poland...Bring in some EU fruit pickers...Great idea.

Not that I'm into conspiracy theories or anything but I've always had a suspicion our future was mapped out many years ago around an EU table (at which we were sitting).
UK does the financial jiggery pokery, Germany does the manufacturing and ze French does the agriculture/fisheries.

And just to make sure we can all afford a BMW, lets have a common currency that values the Deutschmark on a parity with the Spanish peseta.

Perfect.

Why are the bed wetters still crying 4 years on. It is what it is. None of your patronising condescending posts & insults will change the fact that things didn’t go the way you wanted it. Move on.

I think blue collar workers are undervalued.

Tradesmen for example, electricians, carpenters, builders, heating engineers - all require high levels of skill and knowledge, all I would say equivalent to a degree.

You're joking, the knowledge required to be a qualified electrician or gas installer doesn't even amount to 5% of the knowledge required in an engineering degree such as physics/electronics etc.
You're seriously underestimating the vast knowledge and level of intelligence required to obtain technical degrees and that's not forgetting the serious maths required (way beyond A level).
Most students taking engineering degrees must enhance their maths abilities and it's a real hurdle for many.

For domestic work, trades require no more than primary school maths grade and the most basic calculator will suffice.

Sponsored Links
Back