Covid cases Hospital Admissions & Deaths Rising - Should Masks Return?

Go into a hospital and see how they deal with it. No mask - no entry. I know of ....emic... I despair of some of the idiots in our society, I really do

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone in genuine fear of this disease but... fear is a terrible thing; it can do more harm to you and limit your lifestyle more than the disease you are afraid of, which for most people is no worse than a cold.

Getting dirty looks for wearing one might be an English thing..

I didn't realise you were in Scotland. I visited Scotland last year (from England) after we had dropped most of our regulations and was surprised to be ordered to wear a mask still in shops. But then you do have a Nazi in charge, so I should have known.

Felt most sorry for my two children but they seem to have come out of the other end ok.

There is now an entirely brainwashed generation of children, it is terribly sad. I hear that some kids, especially if they are shy and introverted, keep their masks on even when they don't have to. They get a feeling of safety, it is somewhere to hide.

The proximity of 200 people on a plane will allow virus’ to spread, not necessarily the air quality.

There are so many hoops to go through to fly to and return from a foreign country now, that I can't imagine I'll ever go abroad again. Thanks Boris & Co.

Sponsored Links
which for most people is no worse than a cold
Dishonest argument.

“most” is an undefined term - your argument is rendered meaningless.

millions have died
many more millions are suffering long Covid

do you know about the damage Covid can do?

fear is a terrible thing

dying of a fatal respiratory disease, when you drown in the fluids of your own lungs, is a terrible thing.

knowing you are being anaesthetised so you will not be conscious when it happens, is a terrible thing.

seeing your loved ones die a horrible death is a terrible thing. Arranging their funeral and clearing away their possessions is a terrible thing.

I guess your fear of vaccination is terrible. For you.

Vaccination, which for most people is no worse than a little prick.

I didn't realise you were in Scotland. I visited Scotland last year (from England) after we had dropped most of our regulations and was surprised to be ordered to wear a mask still in shops. But then you do have a Nazi in charge, so I should have known.
Co.

To be honest most people here just see it as polite and proper to wear a mask, recognising it’s for the mutual benefit of everyone.

We seem to have just got on with it rather than acting like it’s some great crime against our human rights like seems to be a common belief in England.

Sponsored Links
I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone in genuine fear of this disease but... fear is a terrible thing; it can do more harm to you and limit your lifestyle more than the disease you are afraid of, which for most people is no worse than a cold.
Fear of dying is perfectly natural. I have had and recovered from broncho-pneumonia, about 30 years ago. It was very unpleasant having a drain stuck in my chest for a couple of weeks, and in the early days if COVID I was told that the cytokine storm caused by COVID was a cross between pneumonia and anaphslaxysis in extreme cases. Drawing in air and oxygen and still being breathless can be quite frightening when it happens to you. But the fact that so many ignorant dickheads refused to believe COVID is real, and behave accordingly, and that the behaviour of the moron in chief in Downing Street (not just the shambles he made of the COVID response but his utter failure to lead by example in his personal behaviour) is what has made this pandemic far worse than it needed to be in the UK. Oh, and a minor point I know, but colds don't kill, flu can, COVID more so - it also shrinks the brain - and there is no such thing as "long flu")

As to "no worse than a cold", what about the people who have had it 2 or 3 times in one year? (Our snagging team walked off because two of them cought it twice, then one guy tested positive a third time.... - turned out to be a false pos, but it was enough). They kept catching it because people are fundamentally thick when it comes to basic hygeine, even the ones buying £750k apartments.

As someone who regularly travels by train I have been disgusted by the unhygeinic behaviour of the travelling public for years - the days of "coughs and sneezes spread diseases, catch them in your handkerchief" are a thing of the past, yet people seem affronted if you proffer a fresh tissue when they have just coughed all over the place. Why? Are they so ignorant?

Basic manners, personal hygeine and respect for one's fellow citizens are all in short supply nowadays

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess your fear of vaccination is terrible. For you.

Vaccination, which for most people is no worse than a little prick.
i don't know how many blood samples I've given in the last 6 to 8 weeks, but the thing I find most difficult at the moment is injecting myself in the stomach every day with an anticoagulant. Fortunately it is a subcutaneous injection, but I still shudder at doing this. Only glad it's only for a couple of weeks. But wait, I don't know what is actually in the fluid I'm pumping into myself - it could be mind control drugs or even secret government transmitters to track my whereabouts (I had one of the "idiot element" actually say that to me after I'd had my first A-Z shot - he read it on FB, apparently, so it must have been true)

People being big pricks by refusing small pricks which can reduce death, serious illness and pressure on the NHS doesn't seem to fit with the concept of a caring society in my book

I do think a lot more needs to be done to identify the genetic markers which increase susceptibility to serious COVID illness/death, such as gender, blood group, ethnicity, existing morbidities (e.g. diabetes, bloodcdisrasrs, etc), age, other factors (e.g obeisity), etc. That would at least help identify those at increased risk so that they could take self-protection measures. A lot of this seems to be statistical at first sight and should be straitforward to extrapolate (not sure)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many hoops to go through to fly to and return from a foreign country now
True dat. It'll serve to keep moron deniers, anti-jabbers and those who are frightened of needles from leaving these shores. Too much paperwork for thickos.(y)

I’ve got Covid at the mo, feel quite sh1t right now….I’m sure a cuppa will sort me out (y)

first time I’ve had it.

They say "absolute madness!" but what they don't say in their discussion is, its totally voluntary. Nobody is forcing anybody to have a vaccine, it's all about choice. Since when is choice "madness"?

I bet none of them have family or friends with children that are unwell because of long covid.

Not all children with polio died. Some survived like this. Is this a valid argument against the polio vaccine?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-09-12/anti-vaccine-polio-iron-lung

True dat. It'll serve to keep moron deniers, anti-jabbers and those who are frightened of needles from leaving these shores. Too much paperwork for thickos.(y)
Talking of 'thickos', someone isn't quite up to date...

I've just been to three countries...

No restrictions, no checks...

Poor rabid jabbers no longer can crow about those who wish not to have a jab at this time being able to travel :LOL:

Meanwhile more and more reports are coming out from eminent sources about the over reporting, natural immunity, useless drugs etc...

Probably because these reports are based on more thorough analysis over time, not rushed through on a 'wing and a prayer'!

Meanwhile more and more reports are coming out from eminent sources about the over reporting, natural immunity, useless drugs etc...

Probably because these reports are based on more thorough analysis over time, not rushed through on a 'wing and a prayer'!
And we'd only have needed to wait 2 years, had the NHS collapse completely and seen maybe 500k + deaths to get these reports without vacinations

And we'd only have needed to wait 2 years, had the NHS collapse completely and seen maybe 500k + deaths to get these reports without vacinations
The NHS has already effectively collapsed...

Have you seen the massive rise in waiting lists for diagnosis and treatment of 'treatable diseases'?

It ain't any more pleasant dying of cancer than it is dying of any 'virus'!

And the tens of billions wasted on equipment and hospitals that were never used?

And deaths of or with the 'virus'?

That's what the reports are now questioning, so your figure is pure speculation!

The NHS has already effectively collapsed...

Have you seen the massive rise in waiting lists for diagnosis and treatment of 'treatable diseases'?

It ain't any more pleasant dying of cancer than it is dying of any 'virus'!

And the tens of billions wasted on equipment and hospitals that were never used?

And deaths of or with the 'virus'?

That's what the reports are now questioning, so your figure is pure speculation!
This is a thread about masks. Will you be insisting on masks for that Ukrainian family you were taking in? How's that going?

Sponsored Links
Back