Covid Swindlers

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I'm sure we've all heard of covid spivs...

Maybe some on here have engaged in a 'virus' swindle?

Good luck to them and I do not blame them but the clown in number ten and his cronies.

If someone had lied/etc and swindled it is different but it looks as though most did nothing wrong
other to grab an opportunity by the balls.

Re the Captain and the story in the link. The vast majority of charities have massive expense claims, that is how they work.
Not the one in the link but I've read some charities costs are 80p in the pound, this is why I'm careful when we donate.

I'll try to find some figures if i have tome

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Profit makes the world go round. Gas is at the moment, fuel too. Fuel could easily be fixed by countries producing too much. It was tried but only 2 countries complied. If crude goes up refiners have to buy it, They expect a % return so their price goes up as well.

So covid - what do you expect - the usual. It caused a market so fill it. Large market so large profit. It should be a declining business capable of producing way more than what is usually needed.

It's called free market forces and this is what free markets do. They set the prices and demand can increase them. Over produce and prices decline - in theory anyway.

Charities - we have the traditional ones that have been around for a long time. More and more spring up. Generally they may result in 70% getting to what they are intended for but I believe the legal limit is lower. So some especially on bigger ones earn pretty high salaries. LOL It seems think tanks can be regarded as charities.

Charities - we have the traditional ones that have been around for a long time. More and more spring up. Generally they may result in 70% getting to what they are intended for but I believe the legal limit is lower. So some especially on bigger ones earn pretty high salaries. LOL It seems think tanks can be regarded as charities.

Never heard of the "70% legal limit" I believe you got that wrong.

Must dash

I've read some charities costs are 80p in the pound,

It usually only gets that low when collection companies are used. Charities use them as the get more as a result. So if some one knocks on the door and people want to contribute say thanks for the info and then go to the charities web site and do it directly. That way they get all of it.

I don't have a problem with a charity CEO making 150k per year, its very much inline with industry pay. After all the boss of Nuffield health makes nearly £1M in pay. I do question what experience she has to act as CEO. I suspect she is entirely unqualified, it would therefore be appropriate to retain her as a consultant at an appropriate fee, or perhaps director of strategy so that she can advise how her late father would have wanted the money invested.

On the first example, some sort of windfall tax would be appropriate.

Sponsored Links
Back