Cowboy corner

Sponsored Links
Is the stack vented properly?
The soil pipe goes under the en-suite floor, then joins the stack which exits through a roof tile.

IMG_20230606_153110_HDR.jpg

It would be harder not to fit a trap than to fit one.
Is the stack vented properly?
Well, this is where it all goes t!ts up. The soil stack is a bodged combination of PVC and cast. And the run from the WC to the stack is horizontal at best. When you flush the WC, the water in the pan nearly disappears, then glugs back up.

I wanted to get it all ripped out and properly replaced, but couldn't find any plumber willing to do the job....

My last experience with a plumber was atrocious. I asked him to move the wash hand basin and he said we needed room to put the heated towel rail in; there was plenty of room but he just couldn't be arsed.
I asked him to use soldered copper and he said "Nobody uses that anymore..."

He didn't want to bed the shower tray in with silicone until I suggested it and I don't know what he's done with the tray's waste but it constantly stinks of shoite in the cubicle. There should be a trap on it, surely?

I'd have sacked the shyster on the spot, but Mrs S was desperate to crack on.View attachment 305324

View attachment 305325

There isn't a trap! Well, can't see one. Would there be a trap built into the Mira waste?

If there were, surely it wouldn't smell so bad?

Would it be possible to retrofit a trap on the underside of the ceiling?
In the bottom picture, is this the ceiling in a used room or a cellar?
I have never come across pipes running under a ceiling, unless they were secured properly and there was a false ceiling hiding them from view.
I could understand if it was in an unused cellar and not open to public view. Those pipes look as though they really want to part company with the elbows!

Sponsored Links
20230602_115101.jpg
20230602_115053.jpg

I think those that live in London get stitched up the most. Who ever installed this extractor never seemed not yo have a core drill.

This is the same shower room as the dodgy push fittings

In the bottom picture, is this the ceiling in a used room or a cellar?
I have never come across pipes running under a ceiling, unless they were secured properly and there was a false ceiling hiding them from view.
I could understand if it was in an unused cellar and not open to public view. Those pipes look as though they really want to part company with the elbows!
I know, I'd be ashamed if my work looked like that.

The far pipe in the first picture is actually better than it was. The dhead plumber left the pipe completely unsecured and it was hanging down. I disconnected the pipe, tucked it under another and put a saddle on.

It really needs completely redoing, but it would be a mammoth job.

It's a garage, by the way.

Black and white plastic mixed with square and round pipe. Disgraceful.

Blup

And even more disgraceful is the condense isn't even connected to the Mcalpine tee.

I know, I'd be ashamed if my work looked like that.

The far pipe in the first picture is actually better than it was. The dhead plumber left the pipe completely unsecured and it was hanging down. I disconnected the pipe, tucked it under another and put a saddle on.

It really needs completely redoing, but it would be a mammoth job.

It's a garage, by the way.
Shocking really. This sort of work amounts to a little less than burglary.

This pipework was all boxed in as if finished. My mate said he thought the plumber was ½ decent
20230608_104641.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Back