Is France better than UK?

I'm happy to say you can't associate me with such abuse.
I would be pleased to say that I can't associate you with abuse. If only it were true.
Accusing someone of being racist when there is no racism involved is abusive.
If johnny2007's family moved away from him, where is the racism that you allege?

Sponsored Links
I'll eat fois gras, not very often. We usually go for other pates. I've never tried fois gois. ;)

Horse meat is much leaner than venison. There is a lean cut of venison, I can't remember whether it's the thigh or the shoulder, but it's usually tougher and more fat than horse meat. From memory, venison is more marbled with fat than beef. Although there are some lean steaks sometimes available. They're not cheap. Maybe they're from younger animals.
TBH, I can't remember what venison tastes like, even though I've had it a few times. Maybe it wasn't memorable. :whistle:

I'm pretty sure that veal production with veal crates is no longer allowed. So the veal is simply the bull calves that would have been slaughtered anyway.

Veal is still cruel

EU - but not the UK - veal calves are usually kept in closed barns with slatted floors, without bedding and with little or no fibre in their diet.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can buy whelks all around here, very common snail in the UK.

While I don't eat horse, there really is no reason why we shouldn't, it's just culture. Some people might think we're weird for eating rabbits, ducks and pigs.

Anyone can pick out an example of a food they don't like from any country in the world. Even this country. I hate pineapple. An unfortunate incident in junior school where the dinner lady forced me to eat it despite me saying I didn't like it or want it. But one generally doesn't say they dislike a country on the basis of one food they don't like.
In every single country I have been to, I have never been stuck for anything to eat (even as a veggie) and I have enjoyed all of the food, even the cat, snake and rat, calf's brains and pig's testicles!

In France, a lot of people don't understand why others are veggie. I had a cheese salad once in Paris. I chose the cheese and ham salad listed on the menu, but asked the waitress if I could have it without ham.
"Pas de jambon?", she asked, surprised.

When she came with it, it was a huge salad on a wide dished plate. She explained the chef had given me extra cheese in place of the ham. It was so thickly sprinkled with grated gruyere that I could not see the salad underneath!

In every single country I have been to, I have never been stuck for anything to eat (even as a veggie) and I have enjoyed all of the food, even the cat, snake and rat, calf's brains and pig's testicles!
That was brave for a veggie. ;)
I'm not a veggie, but even i might turn my nose up at some of that.
I can't be bothered with snake, all bone and no meat, like frog's legs.
And I don't like stuff like tripe, nor tongue, heart etc. So I wouldn't bother with the brains and testicles.
You're a braver man than me, securespark

French cuisine is rubbish.

There, i said it.

Outside of a few posh restaurants, the french diet is crap.

Brits have one of the best, most eclectic diets in the world.

Brits have one of the best, most eclectic diets in the world.

Especially in Cornwall.

Pasty2.jpg

An american once offered me a peanut and jam sandwich saying they are nice. I couldn't get myself to try one. Not critical about the fact that he liked them as that would be pure and simple racism. Just that I could not get myself to accept that I might like it.

Many criticisms of other countries diets are just racist. ;) That particular sandwich - I just couldn't bring myself to try it. I'll probably never try animals eyes or sweetbreads either even though they are not testicles - usually.

Of course it wouldn't; don't be silly.

Really?
Fact - it would be. Criticisms in many areas often come down to that because humans are fundamentally tribal.

If I had tried his sandwich and didn't like it, totally different.

Sponsored Links
Back