Deal or no deal

Has Boris got your Blessing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jd, gally, Ella, noseal , a John , are prime examples why first cousins should not marry, all the middle of the road people should buy shares in Kleenex, tena products and rubber mattress protectors.
Don't tell me, you're worried your stock will run out when they can't ship them over from the EU.

Sponsored Links
And we're saying, if you want access to our waters, you gottla play by our rules

No agreement on fishing = no deal
No deal = no Market for fish = no fishing industry

I can see you are a master of logic

Jd, gally, Ella, noseal , a John , are prime examples why first cousins should not marry, all the middle of the road people should buy shares in Kleenex, tena products and rubber mattress protectors.
Cheer up SB, you do seem miserable.

Never mind things will be much worse for you next year

No agreement on fishing = no deal
No deal = no Market for fish = no fishing industry

I can see you are a master of logic
UK imports more fish than it exports.
If the EU don't want UK fish, then it is just a matter of putting tarrifs on foreign fish imports to reduce demand.
UK fish can then be sold in the UK to fill the gap left by the reduction of foreign fish imports.

Sponsored Links
UK imports more fish than it exports.
If the EU don't want UK fish, then it is just a matter of putting tarrifs on foreign fish imports to reduce demand.
UK fish can then be sold in the UK to fill the gap left by the reduction of foreign fish imports.

We import cod and prawns and export herring and mackerel, pouting, coley and pollack, gurnard.

I'm not sure I fancy a mackeral cocktail as a starter.

We import cod and prawns and export herring and mackerel, pouting, coley and pollack, gurnard.

I'm not sure I fancy a mackeral cocktail as a starter.
We also export cod as well as import it.
prawns are overrated.

Last edited:
We also export cod as well as import it.
prawns are overrated.

I think it does rather highlight how supermarkets catering for what we want to buy ends with food travelling all over the world

Lamb - we import as much as we export.

Why? Because we like lamb joints for Sunday roasts esp around Easter but we don't like the cheaper cuts for cooking with - like going into stews etc.

thanks notch , I am fine , not sure why you would think things would be worse next year?
the UK is leaving the Single Market.

That is the largest customs union in the world and is our biggest trade partner by a country mile.

I can understand Boris's viewpoint: why bother Brexiting only to remain a rule taker afterwards.
I understand the EU position, in protecting the Single Market.
But why risk invoking tariffs immediately, when they might be invoked later, and only if UK diverges by reducing regulations? (Which it has telegraphed its intention to do so).

More importantly, it's OK for PMs to be principled, but when their principles destroy so much business and cause so much unemployment, with all the associated misery that goes with it, what use is the principle?
Additionally, the ones cherishing those principles, even if they are unemployed themselves within months, they can retire on fat pensions and the misery they have caused will not affect them in the least, neither financially, morally or emotionally.

Most importantly, the current PM is chasing his dream, not the current will of the people. One can argue that his mandate has been proven by his recent political success in the election, but where is the deal that he (and others) promised?

And the talks will go on...

Borisconi will go down in history as probably the worst PM the UK has ever had...

Although Camoron who got us into this mess in the first place is in the running for that dishonour!

Sponsored Links
Back