Demand EU referendum

Sponsored Links
It's too late for that. Nu-lab sold us down the river. :cry:

I don't want to sign for a petition on the EU. I'd actually prefer to go further into Europe, including monetary unity, even despite the current problems being suffered by the Euro.
I think that the Pound has suffered worse than the Euro.
I think UK is to small a financial entity to compete against the other world economies, including the emerging economies.

No, I'm not going to sit here all day fighting my corner, I have work to do and a social appointment later on, to attend, not to mention trying to fit in watching the F1.

Sponsored Links
The eu has been a disaster for the UK imo. We traded for centuries with them and didn't need to sell our country down the river to do so.
So why now?
Because of weak minded , self interested politicians who have duped the people!

"But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe,but not of it.
We are linked but not combined. We are interested and associated but not absorbed."

- - Winston Churchill.

As you don't live here RH2 and it therefore doesn't affect you, I don't think anyone expects you to sign it.
As for going further into Europe, I hear Siberia's nice this time of year. Don't forget to send us a postcard :)

The EU would be alright if there was a level playing field for all countries in it, but everything about the EU seems to favour France and Germany. France deports any group of foreign nationals it wants. Germany to a lesser extent do the same (foreign nationals who have children in Germany, can't claim their kids are German nationals)
Here in the UK, we try to deport asylum seeking criminals and have to bow the the European courts , who always say, it's against the persons rights to deport them. Then we are lumbered with the scum and human detritus of the world. France, Germany, Italy and Greece don't want these people and direct them to try and get across the English Channel at any cost. It's high time these countries played by the same rules as we here in the UK seem to have to abide.

The EU would be alright if there was a level playing field for all countries in it, but everything about the EU seems to favour France and Germany. France deports any group of foreign nationals it wants. Germany to a lesser extent do the same (foreign nationals who have children in Germany, can't claim their kids are German nationals)
Here in the UK, we try to deport asylum seeking criminals and have to bow the the European courts , who always say, it's against the persons rights to deport them. Then we are lumbered with the scum and human detritus of the world. France, Germany, Italy and Greece don't want these people and direct them to try and get across the English Channel at any cost. It's high time these countries played by the same rules as we here in the UK seem to have to abide.

These other countries do have have the Human Rights Act imbedded into their laws.

These other countries do have have the Human Rights Act imbedded into their laws.

Perhaps they do Jarvis, but they certainly don't implement Human Rights the same way it's implemented here in the UK, Nor do the European Courts seem to rule on their affairs the same way they rule on our affairs in the UK.
Sarkozy ordered thousands of Roma gypsies to be deported from France, back to Romania (and they were), Could you see the same happening here in Britain? There would be uproar from the EU.

They were given £300 compensation - which just happened to be the amount they needed to get on the Eurostar.

They were given £300 compensation - which just happened to be the amount they needed to get on the Eurostar.
Probably right there Joe. The UK is Europe's dumping ground now, ever since T.B. and G.B. opened the borders. Watched a program on BBC1 about immigration etc and the UK is the No1 destination for 99% of asylum seekers from Afghanistan and African nations. These asylum seekers travel through loads of EU countries, where they should be claiming asylum etc, but forgo this to try and arrive in the UK by any means (with total encouragement from EU member countries too)

PS,, Had it been this country that was deporting them, we'd probably have been pulled up by the EU courts and told to stop immediately and pay them £100,000 each compensation.

Membership of this "club" has been a disaster for Britain since it joined the EEC in 1973. And don't forget just how this has been misrepresented to the British people along the way. At that time, everyone was told that the European Economic Community, or "Common Market" as it had been known generally, was nothing more than a free-trade agreement. Traitor Edward Heath assured everyone that in no way would it ever compromise national sovereignty. In later years when asked about that statement, he admitted that it was a lie and that he was fully aware of the intent to create the "ever closer union" all along. The change from EEC to just EC (European Community) to EU (European Union) over time confirms that, as if we needed any such confirmation beyond the thousands of diktats issued by Brussels every year.

Membership of this "club" has been a disaster for Britain since it joined the EEC in 1973. And don't forget just how this has been misrepresented to the British people along the way. At that time, everyone was told that the European Economic Community, or "Common Market" as it had been known generally, was nothing more than a free-trade agreement. Traitor Edward Heath assured everyone that in no way would it ever compromise national sovereignty. In later years when asked about that statement, he admitted that it was a lie and that he was fully aware of the intent to create the "ever closer union" all along. The change from EEC to just EC (European Community) to EU (European Union) over time confirms that, as if we needed any such confirmation beyond the thousands of diktats issued by Brussels every year.

My opinion too...

Poor old Ted...what a tosser...especially when Maggie nicked his job.He never forgave her for that...this picture says it all... :D

ea45a8a4.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back