Dicky TomTom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah you read right! Not Dicky TumTum....

My works TomTom One has gone t*ts up today, turning off soon after turning on.

When you turn on, the boot-up screen appears (as if you have ejected the SD card), then the welcome screen appears dim, then bright, then it goes off again. The unit has charge and it happens when the charger is attached as well.

Has anybody any suggestions, please? Is it goosed or can it be coaxed back to life?

Sponsored Links
take the card out then power up then when it asks for the card re-insert it and that should reset it

It doesn't work... :cry:

There is a recessed reset button. How does that work? Is the SD card corrupt? So many questions... :cry:

Sponsored Links
It doesn't work... :cry:

There is a recessed reset button. How does that work? Is the SD card corrupt? So many questions... :cry:
didnt you make a copy of the original sd card?
you can press the reset button also

Have you also got your serial number from the website just in case you need to do a complete reset?

Wha???

Have you also got your serial number from the website just in case you need to do a complete reset?

Wha???

Can you expand on the how's and the why's of this Tim, in simple words for a simple man. :LOL:

Having now interrogated my unit via the TT website, I see my unit no longer has Maps or Voices installed on it.

I have now e-mailed TT to see what has gon wring.

:confused:

Wha???

Wha???

Can you expand on the how's and the why's of this Tim, in simple words for a simple man. :LOL:
I bought a larger sd card and copied all the files over to this and put the original map sd away safe, the advantage of having a larger card meant i could install the then free safety camera database and loads of voices and POI's including all the postcodes on it (early tom tom versions didnt have the above installed) from the pocket gpsworld website.

If you do a Hard reset you may well have to reinput the serial number that you got from the website to open the maps again?
This was a requirement for my tom tom (an early model) where you had to visit the site and enter your units serial number and the code the actual unit gave you and type it in to get a code number you had to enter into the unit to make it functional.

They may have made it simpler for newer units ? i dont know?

secure, its strange that you would have lost all the files off the card, perhaps the copy protection has kicked in?

Did you have to enter a code when you got it?

No, no code required. This is what I find odd. It worked like normal yesterday morning, then nothing!

I have e-mailed the TT tech guy with the info out of my system so he knows what it has got on the SD card & take it from there. Now it's booting up, asking for set-up info. but when it gets to choosing the voice, they're all greyed out. Then it says "NO MAPS FOUND"... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back