Dimmable lights hardly dimming

So you want to be able to dim upstairs and downstairs hall lights and the outside light? Why? These are all places that need decent lighting. Don't want to trip coming down the stairs because someone has dimmed the lights.
Also consider having the bathroom switch inside the bathroom so someone can't plunge you into darkness while in the bath or shower.
Winston, please explain what REASONS you have for writing these things.

I've emphasised that word because what I'm looking for is reason in your thinking.

You are postulating a scenario where someone would choose to risk falling on the stairs rather than turn the lights up, in the same way that you recently suggested they would rather risk a knife injury in a kitchen than turn the lights up there.

Why do you think they would do those things?

Where, and what, is the sense in what you write?

Also, in your experience, how common is it for people to turn lights off when they know that the room is being used?

And this time, please have the decency to answer, instead of going snivelling to the Mods.

Sponsored Links
I don't have to answer your stupid questions but:

We have a situation with two way switches for hall and landing with a dimmer downstairs. If this was dimmed by person A and person B is upstairs he/she cannot change it and has to come downstairs in semi darkness.

The hall/landing is no place for dimmers. Dimmers are great for bedrooms and to a lesser extent in the lounge but elsewhere can be dangerous.

I don't have to answer your stupid questions
Actually, yes, you do.

We have a situation with two way switches for hall and landing with a dimmer downstairs. If this was dimmed by person A and person B is upstairs he/she cannot change it and has to come downstairs in semi darkness.
1) It doesn't have to be done using switches which don't work from two locations.
2) Please explain why, with care person B cannot descend the stairs without falling. You might like to consider the fact that visually impaired people manage stairs.
3) What about the kitchen light? What, in that case, stops B from adjusting the switch?

The hall/landing is no place for dimmers. Dimmers are great for bedrooms and to a lesser extent in the lounge but elsewhere can be dangerous.
I know you often claim that you don't write nonsense, but you do, and this is an example, in that there is no sense in it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back