DIY FRUSTRATIONS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm a final year product design student researching the subject of DIY.
I would be really interested in hearing about frustrations you have relating to DIY.

By thinking back to a recent DIY project was there a particular task that you found difficult, annoying, time consuming or dangerous.

What was the task and what specifically made the task such a problem?

Sponsored Links
I love DIY and I love DIYers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Without them and the programmes that encourage them I would not be asked to put right what they have done :oops: and as a result would not live in a nice house and holiday abroad twice a year don't you know (little finger crooked as I sip my Earl Grey):cool:

dan_b said:
By thinking back to a recent DIY project was there a particular task that you found dangerous.

What was the task and what specifically made the task such a problem?

jobs aren't dangerous, people are. :rolleyes:

Hi dan_b

I recently changed my bathroom layout, meaning a total change of pipework for toilet, bath, sink and towel rail (comes of the main central heating system).

I hadn't dabbled much with plumbing before, but as a reasonably competent DIY'er I didn't envisage much problems. Apart from having several attempts at making joints leak-proof, the thing that I found REALLY frustrating was getting the pipe bends in the right places :mad: I probably wasted about 3m of pipe before I got the bends in the right places :oops:

Had I invested in a pipe-bending tool instead of the 'internal spring' method, it might have been much easier as I guess it takes a bit of practice to use these springs correctly :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck with your studies :D

Sponsored Links
These people aren't students or kids doing homework they are market research analysts picking your brains to find a new product to market.

Why don't they just tell the truth?

yipes! the market researchers are coming. run for the hills. women and joe-90's first.

solo said:
yipes! the market researchers are coming. run for the hills. women and joe-90's first.

They normally ask the old favourite 'what newspaper do you read on a regular basis'...I love that one..its nice to be judged and classified like that isnt it :rolleyes:

And I have two replies to that one, which foxes them for good.

The Indy & The Mirror!

securespark said:
And I have two replies to that one, which foxes them for good.

The Indy & The Mirror!

Or Gay news and the KKK family supplement..

Thanks for everyones posts so far. Please keep them coming.

For you slightly sceptical people out there I really am a skint student. I hate market researchers as much you. However it's called primary research and I've got to do it if I want a decent degree.
I've already injured the embarrassment of standing in B&Q trying to interview people. Please don't make me have to do that again :cry:
The only people who would talk to me were very very old and were just happy that some had acknowledged them.

Sponsored Links
Back