Diy Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my A.c.s. If im late paying my corgi in april am i suddenly incompetent :?:

Please reed what was written. You are competent, but you need to be registered to practice for gain. If your registration lapses you are against the law. You can work on DIY as you are clearly competent. Well.....

If you are Corgi registered and not competent you are against the law.

You can be Corgi and do an awful job with boiler hanging off the wall and leaking gas and water. You are then clearly not competent and can be prosecuted.

Sponsored Links
oh dear i have started something here. It was not my intention to upset anyone just simply point out if you are not corgi registered you should not work on gas fittings.

May I take this opportunity to thank all those who have supported my comments and to urge those who disagree to check the regulations Gas Safety (installation and use) Regulations 1998.

It is not about ripping people off it is about safety let us not forget the two small children that died abroad last year because of poorly maintained gas appliances, many of you i am sure have children why take the risk!!!

There are more honest engineers out there than bad, and if you are unhappy with any work undertaken you can complain to corgi.

I will leave you to decide for yourselves but i urge you make the right decision don't try to DIY !!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
FFS why can`t people understand the regs and not what is in the corgi book of course they are going to promote themselves.
No one is condoning people to go out there and blow themselves or neighbours up, but it is simple as drivel says diy gas in your own home is not illegal shear stupidity might be if argued in a court of law though but that is a different matter.

Gasman71 do you carry out repairs to your vehicle or change electrical sockets etc in your kitchen/bathroom or do you use the appropriate trade.

To the total and utter morons who wish to kill themselves and there familys be my guest you have only got yourselves to blame!!!! go for it keep giving out your advise until someone dies then who will be sorry i!!! have never read such utter dribble in all my life :mad: NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE get over it and no i would not touch electrics WHY? because I am not qualified and my BMW requires a little more attention than DIY and in case you are unsure GAS CAN KILL so i bid you a goodnight and jog on you muppet ;)

Set your house on fire after diying a gas repair/installation insurance will be null and void.

So to save a couple of hundred quid you are risking your lot and your life,well I say go right ahead ;)

I've heard of diyers using speedfit pipe and fittings on gas after being advised by the guy in places like B&Q that it is ok to do so.

Hell skelp it into them.

There really needs to be a legal challenge or prosecution to end this nonsense of diy gas once and for all and frankly I don't think that is far away ,hopefully. Only a matter of time before one of them causes a major incident.

Mind you whenever they do kill themselves things are tightened up for the better. We would never have heard of the problem with the old Thorn Olympic FFs as quickly as we did if it wasn't for some guy killing himself after changing the thermocouple on one.

Thorn rushed out a flue kit pretty sharpish thanks to the poor unfortunate.

p.s. my last post was for the benefit of doctor drooling and nutsack who both seem to talk out of the place most peoles excrement comes from :!:

Amazing when someone does not have the intelligence to have a reasonable discussion and cant understand what the LAW says after they quote it they stamp there feet ,raise their voice ,call names and storm off.
Can just see him in play ground ITS MY BALL AND YOU CANT PLAY WITH IT AND I`M GOING TO TELL MY MUMMY. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just wondering what sort of gasman can get by by not working on electrics. Do you not even wire up combi`s

I never wire up any boiler I install.

I have an electrician who does the boiler ,boiler controls,supplementary bonding and the MEB to the gas and the main bonding to the incomming cold main if required and I sleep at night knowing the installation is safe and in addition the customer pays the required £150 to the spark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back