Do you fancy having 7 wheelie bins?

And where are we meant to be storing these multiple bins?
New estate houses are so small they'll take up half the garden.

Yet another thing the government want to pass on to us. This is a job to be done at a receylcing centre somewhere, not in my own home sorting out a million different items for the bins.

Sponsored Links
And where are we meant to be storing these multiple bins?
image6.jpg

Works for us...

Sponsored Links
We have a black (for household waste), a blue (for recycling) and four brown ones for garden waste. That's six in total, so this is only one more!

We already have 7 here:

Week 1:
Food
Black
Bottles/tins
Cardboard

Week 2:
Food
Brown (we have 3)
Plastic
Paper

It's all just for show. Whatever bin you put stuff in and however much time you spend carefully rinsing containers out, a substantial amount ends up in an incinerator.

Plastic recycling hardly ever existed, it was all lies to justify the disposable packaging industry's products.

Put a plastic bottle in either bin, it will get burnt. Put a bean tin in either bin, it will get pulled out by a magnet and recycled after it gets burnt.

It's all emperor's new clothes, no council wants to be the one to admit it's all nonsense so they carry on getting us to separate everything so they can re-combine it all together and set fire to it.

Incineration isn't a terrible thing, it generates electricity so in effect it's an oil-fuelled power station where the fuel gets an additional prior purpose as packaging before being burnt. Some of the fuel is even carbon-neutral, e.g. paper and food. As we're still using other forms of fossil fuels to generate electricity it's actually not a bad thing. The bonus is that we're no longer throwing all this rubbish in the ground where it generates methane gas and pollutes groundwater.

We could probably go back to one bin collected weekly and not be much worse off, plus save a load of messing about.
When you present your evidence it will make good reading, can't wait

We could probably go back to one bin collected weekly and not be much worse off, plus save a load of messing about.

When the recycling collectors have been and I see the paper they leave blowing about, the plastic packages and bags they spilled that are now in the hedges, the soggy, mulching cardboard on pavements and all the batteries they dropped, now squashed into the tarmac by traffic - I console myself with the thought that it's all for the environment.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
When you present your evidence it will make good reading, can't wait
Linky Linky

And from a recycling Guru, James Piper...

“The 95 per cent reduction in use of single-use plastic bags is correct, but doesn’t include sales of plastic bags for life. Actually we’re all buying 57 Bags for Life a year,” he says, quoting a report by the Co-op, which found there had been a a 440 per cent increase in the weight of plastic used as a result"

It's all just for show. Whatever bin you put stuff in and however much time you spend carefully rinsing containers out, a substantial amount ends up in an incinerator.

Plastic recycling hardly ever existed, it was all lies to justify the disposable packaging industry's products.

Put a plastic bottle in either bin, it will get burnt. Put a bean tin in either bin, it will get pulled out by a magnet and recycled after it gets burnt.

It's all emperor's new clothes, no council wants to be the one to admit it's all nonsense so they carry on getting us to separate everything so they can re-combine it all together and set fire to it.

Incineration isn't a terrible thing, it generates electricity so in effect it's an oil-fuelled power station where the fuel gets an additional prior purpose as packaging before being burnt. Some of the fuel is even carbon-neutral, e.g. paper and food. As we're still using other forms of fossil fuels to generate electricity it's actually not a bad thing. The bonus is that we're no longer throwing all this rubbish in the ground where it generates methane gas and pollutes groundwater.

Just more IW nonsense.

From a bloke that's never been anywhere near a sorting plant.

Great idea, give us all another big plastic bin, that'll cut down on the use of plastic.
Maybe we can recycle the plastic collected into bins, and when everyone has one, we can find more divisions..

-

We have a grey bin and, though most people round here have a couple of tubs with different coloured kids, we use green garden waste bins with council provided stickers, for paper and for plastic/glass/metal

I don't really heed whether it's waste week or recycling week so I leave all the bins out and the collectors choose

Last week I saw the green bins coming back down the tail lift of the lorry so I called out the window to ask if they could take another load of cardboard

"Not really love, it's waste week"

Last edited:
Only a proposal at present but might be coming.

I have a wheelie bin for non recyclables
Food bin (Small, bucket sized)
Bag for Card
Bag for plastic n tins
Box for paper
Box for glass
Bags for garden cuttings
Tiny bag for batteries.

So 8 if I want to 'drama-queen' the issue. Reality: zero issues. Except a 50m steep uphill driveway! I can't blame the council for that. Can I?

Wheelie bin 2 weekly
Glass, paper and batteries once a month at most
Card, food and plastic every week.

Most people do not have the space for additional bins.

Sponsored Links
Back