don't matter

Sponsored Links
To fit a gas boiler if there is a gas meter close by and to disconnect the old oil boiler then withy a cheaper boiler like an Ideal Logic it should not be much more than £1500.

Removing the old oil tank could be from free to a few hundred depending.

A good ploy is to put it for sale at 99p on Ebay with buyer removes and see what happens.

Disconnecting and removing the old oil boiler could be from free to about £100 using the same Ebay ploy or a local scrap man.

If you need more installers then look on the ARGI web site and se the find an installer part.

Tony

I have never heard of cosy homes!

If you expect the installer to be willing to wait weeks for a grant payment which may never materialise then I can understand their reluctance.

Tony

Sponsored Links
When you say 'controllable' DHW what exactly is it you're looking for?

I'd probably be the same, cosy who, never heard of them, I would quote a proper price, but would stipulate the customer to pay in full and then get their money back themselves from the grant, we aint money lenders, thats what banks are for, and they make a lot of money from it, no wonder no one's interested.

The grant jobs and scrappage scheme stuff I have done, the customer paid me in full on completion, after money for deposit when materials were delivered, and the grant was paid directly to them, it's ther house, where the money comes from is totally irrelavent to me, they had to shuffle money about from building society to bank etc, I wasn't really interested, they don't seem interested in waiting to be paid or where the money comes from when I go shopping.

[quote="gazsri";p="1973263.[/quote]well m8 there's the difference you have to sign up to their term an conditions for them to release grant they have to inspect your work no matter if you think the jobs done. so ppl that think just cause they r gas safe reg'd can leave any mess they fukin want to
which is too right too many con men plumbers about[/quote]

I wonder why no plumber wants to do the work for you :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back