Don't use Internet explorer

Sponsored Links
Ah i see your point :D then perhaps one shouldnt buy windows and get another OS?

I agree entirely.

There have been some high-profile cases in Europe whereby absolute wallies buy a laptop from Dell or similar, KNOWING IT COMES WITH WINDOWS, then demand money back because they don't want Windows.

The irritating thing is, they've won.

In France there is a law against "bound purchase", i.e. you wanted the laptop, why should you be forced to pay for the things that come with it. Would it work if you go into a car dealers? Could I walk into a Paris Renault dealers and ask for an Espace with no engine? Doubt it. :LOL:

Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB960714)
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
How to Uninstall

Ah i see your point :D then perhaps one shouldnt buy windows and get another OS?

I agree entirely.

There have been some high-profile cases in Europe whereby absolute wallies buy a laptop from Dell or similar, KNOWING IT COMES WITH WINDOWS, then demand money back because they don't want Windows.

The irritating thing is, they've won.

In France there is a law against "bound purchase", i.e. you wanted the laptop, why should you be forced to pay for the things that come with it. Would it work if you go into a car dealers? Could I walk into a Paris Renault dealers and ask for an Espace with no engine? Doubt it. :LOL:

In the same way you can't buy a packet of biscuits without the biscuits. Not really a valid comparision. More valid would be I want to buy an Espace with grey leather which is available, all Espaces come with black leather as standard, if you want grey leather then you have to have to pay for the black leather, have the seats removed and grey leather ones put back in.

Sponsored Links
More valid would be I want to buy an Espace with grey leather which is available, all Espaces come with black leather as standard, if you want grey leather then you have to have to pay for the black leather, have the seats removed and grey leather ones put back in.

LOL. That was worse than Donks attempt. :D

Anyway , its academic at the moment as regretably there isn't a viable alternative available.

Anyway , its academic at the moment as regretably there isn't a viable alternative available.
Thats the point I was trying to make previously, How can one blame Microsoft or force them to cut down windows when you <- (general term not directed at anyone in particular including police officers :D ) as a customer bought the laptop with windows installed regardless of alternatives which may or may not be available.

Back