Door Lining FD30 with with over 150mm. Struggling to source it. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some brickwork partition which will have dot and dab plasterboard taking wall thickness to around 150mm. As I have loft conversion door need to be replaced with FD30 model. I can source tons of 132mm door lining but nothing over that width.

Any chance where I can find it without spending a fortune on bespoke items?

Sponsored Links
It only needs to be replaced with an FD20, though that doesn't help you finding a door lining.

You can always use a standard lining and router out the rebate for the smokeseal/intumescent strip, 14mm ish. I’ve done that before, bit of a faff but not too bad.
Need a chunkier stop too if using a non firecheck lining

Sponsored Links
You can always use a standard lining and router out the rebate for the smokeseal/intumescent strip, 14mm ish. I’ve done that before, bit of a faff but not too bad.
Need a chunkier stop too if using a non firecheck lining
The door is not required to be fitted with a smoke seal, hence the designation FD20 not FD20S. In fact it shouldn't be fitted with a smoke seal as this will delay the response time of the smoke detection in the stairwell.

The door is not required to be fitted with a smoke seal, hence the designation FD20 not FD20S. In fact it shouldn't be fitted with a smoke seal as this will delay the response time of the smoke detection in the stairwell.

Thanks for that. can you please point me to this fire regulation as I was not able to find myself.

Thanks for that. can you please point me to this fire regulation as I was not able to find myself.
Its in the Approved Document Part B, loft conversions are specifically mentioned on page 18, however you need to refer to to other parts for general guidance on smoke detection, inner rooms etc. Incidentally self closers are no longer required in this situation, you may see a number of posts elsewhere on here stating these are required, this was amended several years ago.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...t_B__fire_safety__volume_1_-_2019_edition.pdf

Fair enough, thought we were talking about a firecheck type lining, what’s the difference between a standard lining and what the OP needs then? Thicker section?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back