Drilled into unexpected water pipe

I'd be delighted with the quality of MrPlumb's work ...

No probs customer, I'll chase out a big hole all around the damage so I can get a compression fitting and me monkey wrench in and then leave the hole cos you can hang a wine rack over it ... Okay Guv?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
markplumb said:
doitall said:
markplumb said:
doitall said:
You cannot bury compression fitting. Regs dear chap :rolleyes:

lol you should have been here when people were cutting couplings in half :D

Nothing wrong with that if you can solder, the patch will be stronger than the pipe. :rolleyes:

but not up to regs

And what regs would that be.

Water supplier say you have to repair all leak, the only restriction being the use of lead pipe or solder.

How about a big blob of ferrous braze with the ole acetylene torch. ?

What about biv compressions on shower valves ?.
They are not buried, they are an integral part of the shower fitting and are accessible when the fitting is removed.

Sponsored Links
megawatt said:
What about biv compressions on shower valves ?.
They are not buried, they are an integral part of the shower fitting and are accessible when the fitting is removed.

Err no. Check out the mira excel.

Water Company make a connection to the main using a saddle fitting and either fusion weld it or strap it.

All Gas tapping are the same, half a pipe on the mains, clamp and plug it in to the sparkie machine :cool:

I'd use a slip compression coupling with a bit of joint compound and forget the regs. :)

well i'm a plumber at the end of the day i fix broken pipes unlike you, me plaster the hole? unlike you i'm not a jobbing builder sorry, i bet you tile peoples bathromms too:p

Balenza ... Have you actually ever fitted a Mira Excel or have you just looked at the pretty pictures?

The compression fitting is external and the last one I fitted had no compression couplings buried.

The top right angle was soldered?

doitall said:
Water Company make a connection to the main using a saddle fitting and either fusion weld it or strap it.

All Gas tapping are the same, half a pipe on the mains, clamp and plug it in to the sparkie machine :cool:

lol road diggers in the house.

markplumb said:
well i'm a plumber at the end of the day i fix broken pipes unlike you, me plaster the hole? unlike you i'm not a jobbing builder sorry, i bet you tile peoples bathromms too:p

Who Me, no chance I'm a stock controller/storeman :LOL:

megawatt said:
Balenza ... Have you actually ever fitted a Mira Excel or have you just looked at the pretty pictures?

The compression fitting is external and the last one I fitted had no compression couplings buried.

The top right angle was soldered?

Just fitted 4 mira excel biv's in a large property and the building in shroud doesn't come close to leaving the compression joints accessible should a leak occur at a later date .
Which is why I have them tested to 8 bar.

Gasguru said:
I'd use a slip compression coupling with a bit of joint compound and forget the regs. :)

let's not forget the pipe shouldnt be there in the first place? or is digging it out making it accessible?

Balenza: Apologies I was obviously on a different planet when I wrote the last post :LOL: I was, of course, referring to the external unit and not the BIV.
I only ever fit BIV's where accessible from behind and haven't fitted many as I'm not a fan of BIV's.

megawatt said:
Balenza: Apologies I was obviously on a different planet when I wrote the last post :LOL: I was, of course, referring to the external unit and not the BIV.
I only ever fit BIV's where accessible from behind and haven't fitted many as I'm not a fan of BIV's.

the more you post the more i really wonder. biv connections are accessable from the front plate.

fasttrack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back